You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Some help with the rules please

I have a few questons about the rules.

1. If you can not see the scoring rings on the target are you allowed to walk up to it and look for them?

2. If an arrow passes thru a target how do you score it?

3. How do you score a robinhood?

Thanks

1. NO

2. You discuss with your group where it went through the target and score it that way (can't be more than 10 in ASA I think).

3. Score it the same as the arrow it hit, same for bounce out or if your arrow is deflected by their arrow and doesn't hit target.

3. asa has a different ruling, but i'm not going to take a stab it here, i'm sure i'll be cited for misquoting. Anyone have it?
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    3. asa has a different ruling, but i'm not going to take a stab it here, i'm sure i'll be cited for misquoting. Anyone have it?
    D. In the event of a Pass Through: (1) Arrows passing through the front of, but still in, the target will be pushed back and
    scored, (2) If the group agrees and confirms that the arrow actually passed through and was not still in the target due
    to the high number of arrows that had been shot at the target, the range official is to be notified and the shooter will be
    allowed to take the score where the “pass-through” occurred as determined by the group up to a maximum score of
    10 points (a score of 12 or 14 points will not be permitted under this rule), (3) If the group agrees and confirms that an
    arrow passed through at the target’s “Insert Seam” the shooter will be given a score based on the point of pass
    through not to exceed eight points.
    E. Any arrow embedded (“Robin Hood”) in the nock of another arrow will be scored the same as the arrow it is
    embedded in.
    F. Any arrow rebounded (a “Robin Hood” that strikes and damages another arrow and does not proceed toward the
    target, but bounces back) will be scored the same as the arrow it struck, provided the damaged arrow can be
    identified.
    G. Any arrow deflected by contact with another arrow already in the target and still proceeding toward the target will be
    scored as the greater of: (1) where it lies in the target; or (2) a maximum of five (5) points if it is not in the target

Default Cool

Thanks guys