You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Cam Lean?

Default Cam Lean?

Ok so I know what it is but what I don't know is how it effects the bow or the arrows shot from that bow. Could someone enlighten me please.

Bob

Default Cam lean

Quote Originally Posted by stites08 View Post
    Ok so I know what it is but what I don't know is how it effects the bow or the arrows shot from that bow. Could someone enlighten me please.

Bob
    Cam lean, introduces left/right nock travel, during the shot. All compound bows, with the exception of shoot-thru cable systems, [set up correctly], have some degree of cam lean, and horizontal nock travel. Even on a true 2 cam set-up, with yolks top & bottom, the attitude of the cam changes throughout the shot. It is a product of the cables being pulled to the side, or attached to a stationary rod, or roller guard. As the bow is drawn, or shot, the axel to axel changes, but the cable rod, or rollers, stays static, changeing the angle of the cables, in relation to the limb tips. As the angle changes, so does the attitude of the cam.
    Sorry, kinda got on a roll....... Hope this helps.

Default cam lean stuff

Just sent my diamond marquis in for this same problem. My cam lean was bad. I had made some changes to my bow and lengthened my draw length about 1/2". What happened next is my inner cable was hitting on my module due to excessive cam lean. I would not allow me to reach proper draw length due to cam tilt. also another part of the problem was their was a issue in my riser that is also causing cam lean. We also found a cam bushing was worn and excessive play in bearing in cam. Installed new limbs and cam string/cbles and the problem was then even worse. Bow was sent off to bowtech for further investigation. This problem caused a lot of right and left in my arrows. I moved my rest everywhere and not able to correct right and left on paper tune. When I get bow back I'll update you on corrective action.

Default That explains why

Thanks for the info, that explains what was going on with my bow. It's amazing what a little twist here and there can do for the overall accuracy of a bow.