You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Default psychologist & antlers

Being serious, what drives many of us to hunt the biggest set of antlers we can find?

I got caught up in this a few years ago, and became almost rabid about it but can't explain what or even why. Nor can I explain why I recently reverted to my youth and could care less about killing a big set of antlers.

Now I want the tastiest venison I can find, and usually would rather kill a hog than a deer because I like the flavor better.

I just wonder what a psychologist might say about the obsession with a deer’s antlers or my lack thereof. psychologist & antlers - Bowhunting forum

Mike "Javi" Cooper

At least I admit Im Crazy Looney Bin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Being serious, what drives many of us to hunt the biggest set of antlers we can find?

I got caught up in this a few years ago, and became almost rabid about it but can't explain what or even why. Nor can I explain why I recently reverted to my youth and could care less about killing a big set of antlers.

Now I want the tastiest venison I can find, and usually would rather kill a hog than a deer because I like the flavor better.

I just wonder what a psychologist might say about the obsession with a deer’s antlers or my lack thereof. psychologist & antlers - Bowhunting forum

That we are all crazy. I guess that would make you a special kind of crazy
    Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the Most!?!?!?

jim

I think antlers to a hunter are like a knife to a guy. Ever notice how you always look at the knives even though you don't need one. It's like each set of antlers - all are unique in there own way.

I think I've reached the stage where I let my stomach do the choosing too. But then a deer comes into view and blows that plan out the window. I would like to get one big racked bugger before I die though. Other than that one, I'm very content with does and young bucks.
    FBSA Member