You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Got it finally.....

Well the free Sonic came on Sat. and I have to say this it is pretty interesting....not sure if it will take the place of my Muzzys, but I may get a few and at the end of the season take a doe w/it to see how it works.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Yeah, it is an interesting broadhead and an interesting design. I'm wondering how well those blades stay clamped in there.... They don't seem real stable to me for some reason. I'm going to the range this afternoon and try it out compared to my field points. I'll post a result of the test later in the week.

Ron

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    I just got mine in the mail yesterday. Yeah, it is an interesting broadhead and an interesting design. I'm wondering how well those blades stay clamped in there.... They don't seem real stable to me for some reason. I'm going to the range this afternoon and try it out compared to my field points. I'll post a result of the test later in the week.

Ron
    Yeah I got mine a few weeks ago...they seem like they may be pretty good, not a big fan of the 7/8" cutting diamater... thats a bit to small for me. Also, I'm curious how well they will break through bone, without a hardned tip to crack it before the blades hit I wonder if the blades will just crumble.. we'll see
    No I'm not dead

Site Guru

Just a heads up:

I finally shot mine last night (Well my buddy did) into one of those cheap foam targets that you are almost guranteed to get a partial pass through on...

anyway - first shot we made sure everything was very tight. Fired the shot, the broadhead went into the target, somewhere inside it lost 1 blade and when i touched it on the back part of the target another blade fell of.

Make VERY certain you torque the crap out of the locking ring or else you will lose blades, mine was as tite as I could make it without breaking the blades and this is what happened. just a warning.

ps: it did fly very well.
    No I'm not dead

Well, I tried mine yesterday and guess what ? I lost 2 blades pulling the arrow from the target the third time. I thought I torqued down that locking ring pretty good too. I'm wondering if the blades are flexing and pulling out from under the ring. Good thing they send out freebees to try. I think I'm going to pass on these. And, yes, the arrow hit consistent with my 100g points so their claim of field point accuracy without any additional tuning seems to be correct in reality.

Yes, the 7/8" cutting diameter is kind of small to me too and it's the legal minimum diameter to use in Illinois. If states have minimum diameters but no maximum, that must mean that wider is better !

Ron

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ronhop View Post
    Well, I tried mine yesterday and guess what ? I lost 2 blades pulling the arrow from the target the third time. I thought I torqued down that locking ring pretty good too. I'm wondering if the blades are flexing and pulling out from under the ring. Good thing they send out freebees to try. I think I'm going to pass on these. And, yes, the arrow hit consistent with my 100g points so their claim of field point accuracy without any additional tuning seems to be correct in reality.

Yes, the 7/8" cutting diameter is kind of small to me too and it's the legal minimum diameter to use in Illinois. If states have minimum diameters but no maximum, that must mean that wider is better !

Ron
    well at least it wasn't just me at least you got 3 shots in though. I know thre was some rumor of bunch of bad blades that got sent out but not sure if this is the effect that would have.
    No I'm not dead