You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need help in NW Illinois

I've been a lurker here for a while, I don't post much, but I know there are a few of you here from my general area of the state, and I was hoping someone might give me some advice. My Switchback XT has recently gone to heck in a handbasket. I had a new string loop, serving, and nock points installed last week (I have two tied nock points with the string loop tied above and below those). Everything was fine, except when I got it home, I noticed that the nock point was waaaaaay too high. Well I got it down where it should be, but in the process one of the nock points became frayed and untied, so it has to be replaced. Well, I don't have any problem taking it back to the person who did the work for that (it wasn't his fault it came untied), but I was not impressed with his work otherwise, so I'd like to avoid going back. In addition, I noticed that the cam was very far out of time and my draw weight was low (approx. 64 pounds when bottomed out on 70 pound limbs). He played with the cable and string, twisting here and there - he got the draw weight up to about 68-69 pounds, but the ATA was not right. Also, the cam was still not timed properly in my opinion. I left unsatisfied.

I shot the bow tonight and the string twists so badly that my peep sight doesn't align properly unless I twist the string prior to shooting (and I have an alignment tube). Also, my string loop will end up 180 degrees from where it should be after I shoot. I am very un-confident (if thats a word) with the bow right now.

My problem obviously is that deer season starts in a week. I would really like to get it taken care of, but I'm not sure where to go. Thats where I would like some assistance. I live in Whiteside County. I am willing to travel a reasonable distance if I can get this fixed.

Thanks for any advice.

Dude that sucks, I wish you lived closer I would make the drive and help out if I could....my shooting buddies know day or night they got a problem, call me and we will get it taken care of.....even if it entales me taking it to the shop for them and getting it fixed.....

thats why I have taught myself to do as much as I can that way if there is a problem I can take care of it on my own....

Who is the bow "tech" you took it to.....is he a mathews guy or just runs a shop? maybe he did not know the specs?? I would ask the same questions if we were discussing a hoyt or bowtech here.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

The shop sells both Hoyt and Mathews - but they lean very far towards Hoyt. Both techs shoot Hoyts.

If you willing to drive to Machesney Park, Chris at Obsession Archery will fix you up. We is the one who runs this site. I drive an hour to go to him. He is the best I have been to.

I just spoke with Chris by phone. I am going to head up there this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by hoggin03 View Post
    I just spoke with Chris by phone. I am going to head up there this afternoon.
    Yes, Chris does a good job. I have to drive an hour and a half but its worth it.

you shoulda just bought a BOWTECH!!!
    Diamond Victory 29"/55#
    Gold Tip XT Hunters
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn
    Copper John Dead Nuts
    Muzzy MX4 100 gr.

People Eating Tasty Animals

Remember, a Diamond lasts forever!

I went and saw Chris last night - it was about a 1 hour, 45 minute drive each way, but it was worth it. He got things set up perfectly. I walk-back tuned the bow tonight and didn't have to move a thing other than pin height out to 65 yards. Thanks a lot Chris!

Now if I could just solve my target panic...