You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

View Poll Results: What do you hunt with your bow or have hunted?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deer (Whitetail/Mule/Blacktail/Coues)

39 92.86%
  • Elk

6 14.29%
  • Caribou

1 2.38%
  • Moose

2 4.76%
  • Black Bear

7 16.67%
  • Brown Bear/Grizzly

0 0%
  • Mountain Lion

0 0%
  • Boar

10 23.81%
  • Small Game

16 38.10%
  • Exotics

6 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default What do you hunt with your bow?

What all does everyone hunt with thier bow. I'm curious.

An item that you may want to add to your poll is fish. Bowfishing is fun. Also gators....I know people also hunt them with a bow. That would be fun, I bet.

Good poll tho. Looks like deer are the favorite so far. You should do this poll again after this fall's seasons are underway.

I have a close friend who travels to Colorado each year to hunt elk and mulies.

Another friend of mine took a bear last week in Canada.

Click Here for the bear pic
    Take a kid with you. Show them the Great Outdoors. Pass it on.

Another good one that I enjoy hunting is turkeys

Mainly deer. Also Bear, turkey, hogs.
    I CAN'T SEE YOU, AND I CAN'T HEAR YOU, BUT I CAN SMELL YOU AND YOU WON'T EVEN KNOW I WAS HEAR!! IT'S TIME TO DISAPPEAR!!
    THIS IS MY HOME. I LIVE HERE AND I CAN TELL IF SOMETHING IS OUT OF PLACE JUST LIKE YOU CAN TELL IF SOMETHING HAS BEEN MOVED ON YOUR BOOKSHELF!! I ONLY COME OUT AT NIGHT TO EAT!! AT THE SLIGHTEST HINT OF YOUR PRESENCE, I'M GONE!! EVEN IF I MAKE A MISTAKE YOU SHAKE UNCONTROLLABLY IN MY PRESENCE AND COULDN'T GET THE SHOT OFF IF --THUMP--SWACK!!

I don't see how you people hunt fish with a bow. My arms get too tired holding the bow at full draw waiting for the bobber to go down.... The only one that I did get, by time I found the arrow the only part of the fish I found was the lips[/U][/I], maybe I shouldn't have used a treble hook. Maybe I should have used a differant bobber or hook.

Haven't hunted anything yet, but I plan on going after deer. I might try bear or small game too. I pretty much will try anything as soon as I get a little more experience.
    Proud Member of the F.B.S.A.
    Browning Summit II @ 64#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400's
    Muzzy MX4 100Grain

Quote Originally Posted by thjacobi View Post
    Haven't hunted anything yet, but I plan on going after deer. I might try bear or small game too. I pretty much will try anything as soon as I get a little more experience.
    I don't know if you hunt deer with a rifle or not, but once you get that first deer with a bow..... Well, I now hunt deer with a rifle to fill my freezer.It's still fun but not like the way it is with a bow. Bows are supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSkeeter0311 View Post
    I don't know if you hunt deer with a rifle or not, but once you get that first deer with a bow..... Well, I now hunt deer with a rifle to fill my freezer.It's still fun but not like the way it is with a bow. Bows are supreme.
    No I don't hunt with a rifle. Everyone I talk to says bow is way better. I also like that there is more of a challenge and skill required to bow hunt.
    Proud Member of the F.B.S.A.
    Browning Summit II @ 64#
    Beman ICS Hunter 400's
    Muzzy MX4 100Grain

How about ditch cougars? My wife is so pissed about the neighbors cat using her flower bed as a litter box, that yesterday afternoon, she came in the house and told me to get my bow and shoot the cat which was sitting next to their garage. I'm sure that if she could, she would have done it herself. Been trying to get it in a live trap all summer but so far all we got was 8 possum, 2 coons and 2 cats that I don't know who they belong to.

i hunt everything u can hunt in IL with a bow ... i wanna hunt every animal on that list at least one time in my life though

Quote Originally Posted by IAKSmith View Post
    How about ditch cougars? My wife is so pissed about the neighbors cat using her flower bed as a litter box, that yesterday afternoon, she came in the house and told me to get my bow and shoot the cat which was sitting next to their garage. I'm sure that if she could, she would have done it herself. Been trying to get it in a live trap all summer but so far all we got was 8 possum, 2 coons and 2 cats that I don't know who they belong to.
    Try KFC chicken in a live trap it is my goto bait when I have a wise cat that wont fall for anything else.

I also hunt turkey and groundhogs.
    IT'S NOT ABOUT THE KILLIN, IT'S ABOUT THE GRILLIN
    FBSA MEMBER