You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Trail Cam that don't take pics of nothing?

I've tried several that take lots of pics of warm vegetation and at night of nothing at all. Do any cameras stand out in their ability to take pics of ONLY deer? Thanks for any help.

Are you asking if there is a camera that can identify whats moveing and then decide whether or not to take a picture?....no there is not.
    Parker Hornet 28" 70#
    easton epic 400gr. RAGE 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by tennlabs View Post
    I've tried several that take lots of pics of warm vegetation and at night of nothing at all. Do any cameras stand out in their ability to take pics of ONLY deer? Thanks for any help.
    We have great luck with the MOultrie cameras. The life of the Moultrie is outstanding. I have owned Moultrie, Stealth and Cudde Backs. The Cudde Backs trigger speed is awesome and they take great pics but it seems like every 2 years I have to send them in to get fixed and it cost between $75-$125 everytime. There customer service is terrible cause they want you to upgrade everytime and spend more money. It seems like they KNow there 1 year warranty will be good since there camera wont quit untill it is close to 3 years old.
    The stealth was ok. Just took alot of pics of nothing and the battery life was terrible.
    The Moultrie hands down is the best we have used. Customer service, user friendly and longevity is just outstanding.
    jame

Default Failure pictures

My Moultree gets its share. I think most cameras get there share even the high dollar ones.

Buddy says he having great success with this one.

His Qoute
    The HCO SG550 is a much better camera for the money. It has a better trigger time, smaller size and longer battery life. Do a little research of Game Camera reviews.

HCO Camera. Cost around $230.00. Looks good and he said the reviews from folks in the industry give it great reviews.

http://www.huntingcamonline.com/SecurityUse.html
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I recently bought 2 wildgame innovation cameras and I do not like them. One of them takes pictures and shows like 140 pics on camera, but then I try to check them with my viewer and it will say no image. The other can sit for 2 weeks, lots of sign that deer were through and will not take a picture half of the time. very disappointed. I also have a moultry and never had a problem with it. Very reliable.

i have good luck with a cuddeback capture and at 199 its not to expensive compared to some other cameras

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    My Moultree gets its share. I think most cameras get there share even the high dollar ones.

Buddy says he having great success with this one.

His Qoute
    The HCO SG550 is a much better camera for the money. It has a better trigger time, smaller size and longer battery life. Do a little research of Game Camera reviews.

HCO Camera. Cost around $230.00. Looks good and he said the reviews from folks in the industry give it great reviews.

http://www.huntingcamonline.com/SecurityUse.html
    I've heard the same thing about the the ScoutGuard (same company) Covert II
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default Moultrie

I have been using the Moultrie Game Spy 200 for several years. I really like it. It runs on a 6 volt battery and a solar charger, so it runs all year on the same battery. Unfortunately I don't think they make them any more.

We are haveing great luck with the bushnell cams.The infreads are around $150 work great for us
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing

Default Moultrie

I have had stealth, moultrie and leaf river cams. I wouldn't own another stealth cam, the leaf river is ok, I would say moultrie is by far the best of the three. This is just my opinion of course. I got too many rump or nothing at all shots with the stealth cam. I am not saying moultrie is the best out there though. I have noticed recently getting quite a few white out shots or shots of nothing with one of my older models. I have 4 moultries up and running and work fine for me, especially if you compare prices.

The cheap cams (like the models mentioned above) are notorious for this false shot problem. Also many of these "false triggers" are also caused by slow trigger speed and may be small game or fast moving critters that just get by the cam.

We've tested this theory by setting up different brand cams at the same station and the RECONYX has proved that there is indeed a HUGE difference in what you can get in a trail cam. I've owned them all, from Cuddebacks to Leaf Rivers and everything in between and in the end, my only regret that I wasted hard earned money on these other cams and didn't buy more Reconyx models. Very, very rare would be the Reconyx image with nothing in it. Simply none better, imho.

Default How Much?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    The cheap cams (like the models mentioned above) are notorious for this false shot problem. Also many of these "false triggers" are also caused by slow trigger speed and may be small game or fast moving critters that just get by the cam.

We've tested this theory by setting up different brand cams at the same station and the RECONYX has proved that there is indeed a HUGE difference in what you can get in a trail cam. I've owned them all, from Cuddebacks to Leaf Rivers and everything in between and in the end, my only regret that I wasted hard earned money on these other cams and didn't buy more Reconyx models. Very, very rare would be the Reconyx image with nothing in it. Simply none better, imho.
    What kind of money are these cameras? Im a po boy!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    What kind of money are these cameras? Im a po boy!
    DB
    seen one of them reconyx at bass pro for over 900 bucks.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Default Illinnois guys have all the money

Quote Originally Posted by gamoboy View Post
    seen one of them reconyx at bass pro for over 900 bucks.
    I knew that Cornfed was rich! He got all the big bucks tied up for opening day as well.
    DB