You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Forge Bows

Default Forge Bows

Just tried out a couple of Forge Bows. One a 29" a to a and a 32". Very impressive. Extremely smooth, quiet, and fairly fast. Anyone have any experience with them?

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by talon1961 View Post
    Just tried out a couple of Forge Bows. One a 29" a to a and a 32". Very impressive. Extremely smooth, quiet, and fairly fast. Anyone have any experience with them?
    never heard of them
    No I'm not dead

I love how every bow every one tries is......"extremley quit, smooth, and fast"
    It may be but then they all have ther good points.....I have heard of them but never seen one in person.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I just wanted perspective from actual users of this bow, not some biased opinion from someone based on his/her preference for a particular brand.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by talon1961 View Post
    I just wanted perspective from actual users of this bow, not some biased opinion from someone based on his/her preference for a particular brand.
    just curious... how many people shoot these bows? do you have a local dealer which is why you are looking at getting one?
    No I'm not dead

Yes, there is a local dealer that is selling them. I had only read about these on their website until I shot one. The company is located in Wisconsin. Like most bow companies, the quality of the product is usually superior to the abilities of the user. However, I believe in the honost opinions of experienced bowhunters. One of my fellow Switchback owners bought a 29" Forge Ambusher (301 IBO) and loves it. I just want to know what others think. I wonder if this is the same Forge Bow company that used to be located in S. Africa?

I had a forge bow about five years ago. The cam was rubbing the limb straight out of the box. I called forge and the guy said tough luck and hung up on me so I took it back to the dealer. When the dealer called him it took four weeks for him to get back to him. The guy hung up on the dealer too. So needless to say I got my money back and he dropped the whole line of bows. It was five years ago maybe they have better customer service now. I would not walk across the street to pick one up. But that is just my opinion from what I experienced with forge.