You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hi-speed camera, what would you like to see?

If you had access to a high-speed camera, what would you want to see?
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

Default digital

Digital for sure. With lots of memory. The film style cameras I've used in the past cost WAY too much to operate.

Bob

Default Sometimes

At the larger tournaments you could pay $20.00 to get three shots of your arrow leaving the bow in slow motion. THis would be an excellant tool and I would love to have a place to watch this!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

We are going to use this as a tool for those bows that are just a pain to tune. It should bring to light some things we have always thought but could never prove.

drop away rest and bow string with and without a string stopper
    Lingerie football. I dont care who wins.

sent using my keyboard and two fingers

would also like to see what the diffrence is between a arrow one with stright fletch and one with offset

1. Lots of different brands of arrow rests (especially drop aways) during the shot. Limbdriver, Ripcord, trophy taker, QAD, G5 etc etc

2. Laura Francese running

Maybe not in that order

what id like to see is how much does different amounts of vane contact make on the arrow as it leaves the rest .

Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    would also like to see what the diffrence is between a arrow one with stright fletch and one with offset
    Explain what you are trying to see? Obviously one will spin more, the other may not spin at all.

I'd like to see close-ups from several different angles of some of the top pros like Chance, Reo, Dave, Danny & others.

Unfortunately, it won't make me shoot as well them, but it could satisfy some curiosity about their form.

Other things:
    overhead shots of various releases - many releases are not as torque neutral as we often think.
    what's going on with the various cam types during the shot
    strings & cable reactions during the shot
    the operation of various rests

I've wanted one of those cameras for a long time. What did you get?

Thanks,
    Allen

Default You will be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We are going to use this as a tool for those bows that are just a pain to tune. It should bring to light some things we have always thought but could never prove.
    At how many drop aways are getting contact when not done right. I watched several videos at these tournaments and it was perfectly clear the fletch was getting contact often.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I would like to see a dry fire. not just any dry fire but a dry fire from a 100lb bow with an extremely aggressive cam. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!

okay instead of all the destruction I think the release idea posted in the above comments is a great thing.

still would like to see a dry fire though!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Explain what you are trying to see? Obviously one will spin more, the other may not spin at all.
    I have shot both and cant see a big difference if any. maybe a little more speed with the straight fletch. just wondering how much faster the offset will stablize. I am talking about fletching two inches or shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by stites08 View Post
    Digital for sure. With lots of memory. The film style cameras I've used in the past cost WAY too much to operate.
    ???????
    Note to self: Do not post when you first wake up!

I would like to see an arrow hitting something hard, like plate steel. I think that would be cool.
    Bowtech Sniper 55lb 29" draw
    Easton ST Excell 400 with blazers, 100 grain field point
    True ball fire ball release, Octane 7" stabilizer, hostage capture rest, Spot Hogg Hunter sight

Cricket Spitting Champ

Chris, I would like to see a couple of things:

1. An IBO arrow shot out of a Monster XLR8. One video with a dead stop and another with out.

2. A XXX shaft with no more than 150 grains up front shot off a spring steel. Then another with a 300 grain tip. We know that both set ups can shoot spots great, but we need to play with the nock and rest height, many like some lift at the nock end of the shaft to limit contact with the rest. Lets just set this one up level and see the difference and with some different width/thickness'e of launcher blades.

3. I would also like to see how much deflection there is on a shaft when it penetrates and stops in a target. IMO there needs to be enough penetration to keep the arrow from flexing too much. Just look at the life span of a 12 th. aluminum wall compared to a thicker carbon wall. We all want a target butt that lasts, but some penetration would be beneficial to the thinner walled shafts.

Eric
    Last edited by Chequamegon; 09-21-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: spelling?

Old Archer

Default Arrow Flight

Arrow Parflex? I think its called. Say a Goldtip 7595 shot at 55lbs 65lbs and Then 70lbs. Thank You!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

I'd like to see if a wrist strap index finger release adds a little lateral ocillation on the string at the shot as compared to a handheld thumb trigger release. I suppose it would or might be somewhat dependent on how heavy the trigger is set on the index model, but, just one of those dumb things I wonder about.
    FBSA Member

Default Close ups...

top level shooters eyes focused on target/pin ...how many changes
    hand held release activation, BT, punch, combo...
    skinny arrows shot off launchers...contact
    bows shot from hooter shooter with arrows of correct, under, and over spined from rear to 40 yard target

Vertical and horizontal nock travel for as many bows and different cams as you can get your hands on. I don't know how you could accurately measure the dynamic nock travel but it would be great to know what is actually happening during the shot.