You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Old Archer

Thumbs up Broadhead Testing Today!

I went to Adams Archery and did some shooting yesterday, And then decided to shoot a few broadheads. I was using a Gold Tip 7595 at 29" 65lbs on the Reezen. The target was set out twenty yards with two small 1" green avery stickers on them. Three broadheads were used, the G5 Striker 100 grain, The Muzzy original 100 grain, and the Slick Trick 100 grain magnum. All where spin tested first. Both the Muzzy and the Stricker shot about three inches to the
    right, not high or low just a little right. The Slick Trick Cut the Sticker in two and fell to the floor. A guy on the next target said it just don't get better than that. I was very impressed with arrow flight from the trick, and they are dangerously sharp. One shott pnetrated the cube target and then went thru 3/8" plywood facing on a target frame. We had to unsrew the arrow, and tip the frame upside down to retrieve the broad head. Very well made. I'm going to shoot some more, but the fact that Tricks are not mass produced my have lead to a higher quality broadhead. At least that what some of the other shooters there thought.
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Old Archer

Thumbs up Big Game Stand Up!

Got my Big Game Partner Plus, ladder stand Up. I give it a two thumbs up, very solid, easy setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
    I went to Adams Archery and did some shooting yesterday, And then decided to shoot a few broadheads. I was using a Gold Tip 7595 at 29" 65lbs on the Reezen. The target was set out twenty yards with two small 1" green avery stickers on them. Three broadheads were used, the G5 Striker 100 grain, The Muzzy original 100 grain, and the Slick Trick 100 grain magnum. All where spin tested first. Both the Muzzy and the Stricker shot about three inches to the
    right, not high or low just a little right. The Slick Trick Cut the Sticker in two and fell to the floor. A guy on the next target said it just don't get better than that. I was very impressed with arrow flight from the trick, and they are dangerously sharp. One shott pnetrated the cube target and then went thru 3/8" plywood facing on a target frame. We had to unsrew the arrow, and tip the frame upside down to retrieve the broad head. Very well made. I'm going to shoot some more, but the fact that Tricks are not mass produced my have lead to a higher quality broadhead. At least that what some of the other shooters there thought.
    interesting thanks for posting...

I have been practicing before I go out to hunt with a Montec 100 they shoot right with my field point in a 3 inch spot out to 40 yard. I shot them withoue vane bare shaft and thy shot in to the spot out to 25 yards just like they had vanes on them. One thing I did notice the Montec would get about 6 to 8 inches more penetration then my field point in my broadhead target.

Old Archer

Thumbs up Interesting

Can you give more imfo, Bow poundage, arrow length, grains on tip etc. type of vanes?

how do you tune a 4 blade head? do you just screw them on and shoot them as they sit?
    rytera X
    whisker biscuit rest
    cobra 4 pin
    flingin' gold tip xt hunters
    muzzy 100gr 3 blade

Default Sounds like your ready

Really love the big game stands as well.

I shot three arrows and all three had different broadheads.

75/95XT arrows with blazers.

Slick Trick 100grn
    Trophy Taker Shuttle T
    Terminal T

Surprising all three hit the same. Im a big Slick Trick fan. Hard to beat them Tricks.

Strikers are excellant heads as well

Todays broadheads seem to be more sqaure and hit great.

I know my bows really tuned well when this many heades hit in the same place. I do tune with the G5 ASD tool which I feel is a must for tuning broadhead arrows.
    DB

I moved a two man Big game today as well into a new location
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Old Archer

Default Tricks

I have to admit, that I have known for awhile that I would most likely be taking back many unused broadheads and Hunting with the tricks this year.
    However its fun to see if you can improve even better.

Old Archer

Default Broadheads/grip!

You know DB, One thing I have noticed that you must pay close attention too. You mentioned this some time ago! Your grip on the bow, if you over grip
    or torgue your hand these mistakes get magnified especially with BROADHEADS! Then its hard to get good flight from anything!

Default Grip

Quote Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
    You know DB, One thing I have noticed that you must pay close attention too. You mentioned this some time ago! Your grip on the bow, if you over grip
    or torgue your hand these mistakes get magnified especially with BROADHEADS! Then its hard to get good flight from anything!
    Is the main reason for torguing a bow. Let the bow shoot itself.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

slick trick are great also the grizztricks are very good too. Can you find my stand?