You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Stabilizers

Default Stabilizers

I'm using a Sims Ex-press on my '95 Hoyt. It's noticeably quieter than the hard tube Hoyt stab that came with the bow, but it's not as good at reducing the bow's twist on release, probably because of the weight difference.

I've thought about the options and I'm not sure which way to go. Get a longer S-coil or X-coil, screw the S-coil to the end of the Hoyt stab, or just get a new one altogether. Whaddya think?

Of course, the real answer is a NEW BOW! Next year.

Default Simms S coil works well

Quote Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
    I'm using a Sims Ex-press on my '95 Hoyt. It's noticeably quieter than the hard tube Hoyt stab that came with the bow, but it's not as good at reducing the bow's twist on release, probably because of the weight difference.

I've thought about the options and I'm not sure which way to go. Get a longer S-coil or X-coil, screw the S-coil to the end of the Hoyt stab, or just get a new one altogether. Whaddya think?

Of course, the real answer is a NEW BOW! Next year.
    Very affordable.

Posten and B-Stinger are both good stabilizers as well. Might go a little longer.

This bruiser taken with a s-coil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Getting the weight out there helps the most. I use old-style d-flex bows and 8-10 stabilizers work great at slowing things down. If you have a more reflexed bow it may take more weight on a shorter stabilizer, or weight out a little farther with a long stabilizer of 10-plus inches. When you really think about it, you can use a stabilizer as long as a nocked arrow without causing too much grief from a stand. It won't stick out any more than your arrow. If your a ground deer-stalker, shorter but heavy on the end might work better.
    That pic above. Great deer, but I doubt that little sims did much for lateral movement. Vertical, yes. But not lateral.
    FBSA Member

Old Archer

Thumbs up

Maybe your local pro shop would let you experiment with different ones!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.