You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Archer

Thumbs down Tired of Hunts behind the Fence!

I not sure how many are with me on this, but I will be deleting TV programing from my DVR that show hunts that are behind a fence or small ranchs. I hunt private, Federal and State lands, the animals there can come and go as they please. Sure I could pay $5.500 dollars and do the same thing, but I ask you where is the sport in that. I really think some big name folks on the tube are doing us real hunters a great disservice with there style of entertainment!

Just my 2 cents worth, and I will be nice and not metion names or shows!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Default Everyone entitled to there thoughts

Fenced hunting is here and ain't going away anytime soon.

My cousin has 2000acres under fence he manages the deer herd and Elk. Last year he invited many troubled youth to come harvest a deer. This year it may be disabled vets.

I have three friends who all have fenced deer and manage the herds.

Africa almost ever thing is under fence. Ranch's bigger than you would ever imagine. I wouldn't hesitate to go to Africa and hunt as well.

Many hog hunt outfitters are in Oklahoma and surrounding states. This is the only fenced hunt I have ever done and it wasn't easy and it was a blast and I will do it again. I harvested a Corsica ram on that hunt as well.

I wouldn't hesitate to fence my property if I had the money and manage my deer herd. Good fences make good neighbors.

If you dint like it thats fine. Many dint and that OK.

I dint like those who harvest under fence and dint say it was a fenced hunt.

Hope you have good season and try not to hate those of us that do hunt under fence occasionally. Ill be sure and let you know if its fenced.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

I think it really depends on the size of the enclosure. There's alot of difference between a 5 and a 5000 acre fence.
    FBSA Member

Default Amen

Quote Originally Posted by red44 View Post
    I think it really depends on the size of the enclosure. There's alot of difference between a 5 and a 5000 acre fence.

No doubt!
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Fenced hunt

One of the best hunts I ever did.

We had a blast.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...&highlight=Hog

Default I got them fenced

Come Oct 1.

Ill fling an arrow through that fence.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post

Good fences make good neighbors.

DB
    not to get off subject but who said that ? i remember it from english class ?

Old Archer

Uncle Ted has lots of fenced property, however I have never seen him or here him say after a kill. Folks thats a 180 class whitetail, for him its all about the hunt and meat in the freezer. He even brags about his trophy does as he calls them swamp donkeys. I also like the fact that he uses his property to give the disabled a chance to hunt. Your right fenced hunts are here to stay, but they need to stay at that catagory all by themselfes. Limited fair chase hunting. There no hate from me DB, just find that it leaves a bad taste, hogs and some other animals fall into a different venue for me. Thats fun and a nice tasty piece of meat. But there are those that would say that there 180
    class whitetail that they took on a booked hunt in some inclosure rates the same as you taking a 180 class whitetail on your lease. This I have to disagree with, there Hunting and then there is big money sport. You and I talked about this before, and certain celeb is known for this kind of activity.
    Last edited by grizz49; 09-22-2009 at 04:51 AM. Reason: additions
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Quote Originally Posted by killbambidead View Post
    not to get off subject but who said that ? i remember it from english class ?
    Robert Frost... Mending Wall...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quit worrying about everyone else's hunt and worry about your own...

And Ted Nugent would shoot a deer in a 4ft X 4ft pen if someone would pay him to do it..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Default Your right

Quote Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
    Uncle Ted has lots of fenced property, however I have never seen him or here him say after a kill. Folks thats a 180 class whitetail, for him its all about the hunt and meat in the freezer. He even brags about his trophy does as he calls them swamp donkeys. I also like the fact that he uses his property to give the disabled a chance to hunt. Your right fenced hunts are here to stay, but they need to stay at that catagory all by themselfes. Limited fair chase hunting. There no hate from me DB, just find that it leaves a bad taste, hogs and some other animals fall into a different venue for me. Thats fun and a nice tasty piece of meat. But there are those that would say that there 180
    class whitetail that they took on a booked hunt in some inclosure rates the same as you taking a 180 class whitetail on your lease. This I have to disagree with, there Hunting and then there is big money sport. You and I talked about this before, and certain celeb is known for this kind of activity.
    Some have certianly pushed the limits of fenced hunting. Thats what the wildlife job is to enforce.
    DB

Old Archer

Red face

Noted! worry about my own hunt! I don't worry anymore! it just happens or it does not! I just have fun and enjoy, life is short!......................

Default My problem

Quote Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
    Noted! worry about my own hunt! I don't worry anymore! it just happens or it does not! I just have fun and enjoy, life is short!......................
    Don't associate all hunters as bad because they hunt fence. We know there hunters that shoot deer in a canned hunt. But everyone who hunts behind fence ain't bad.
    DB

fence or no fence, tired of hearing about it, as long as its legal, who are we to judge, dont watch the show, or change your tivo, there is much more important things to worry about then a fence, thats whats the matter with this country people worrying about whats going on across the street ,instead keeping their nose in their own backyard

Old Archer

Smile One Final Word!

Thats why things get so Screw up! because folks just don't what to get involved. No Dove Hunting in some states no Deer Hunting even with Bow without permission in some townships, villages etc. No Thank you ,I will stay involved to protect hunting anyway I can. We got involved a bunch of years ago and know resposible citzens have the right to carry in this State, and I happy to report that those efforts have snowballed and more and more States our adpoting right to carry laws.

And by the way please don't ever infringe on someones right to voice there opinion, Its all american and thats why I served in the Armed Forces to defend all our rights. And even your right to disagree.

And that about says it all, And Good Luck to all, The Lauch of the Arrow comes soon!

Think of it this way...There isnt a continent on this entire planet that isn't "fenced" in one way or another by either the oceans, mountains, fjords, valleys, rivers, outerbelts, highways, cities, municipalities, towns, villages all the way down to a single lot where a house is standing. So in reality everything is "fenced" in...some places are simply moreso than others.
    Last edited by hunter2678; 09-23-2009 at 11:23 AM.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Quote Originally Posted by hunter2678 View Post
    Think of it this way...There isnt a continent on this entire planet that isn't "fenced" in one way or another by either the oceans, mountains, fjords, valleys, rivers, outerbelts, highways, cities, municipalities, towns, villages all the way down to a single lot where a house is standing. So in reality everything is "fenced" in...some places are simply moreso than others.
    Really??? That's deep buddy.
    Be good or be good at it.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    Really??? That's deep buddy.
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Actually what usually happens is that someone wakes up one morning and begins to think they know how everyone else should act and do... so they start fussing about it and sooner or later a politician will see it as a way to garner votes and so it ends up as law and the majority of folks it affected didn't want it in the first place...

Ever think of it that way...??? No... stop and think about GOD in the schools...

Don't like someone else's way of hunting join a club like Pope & Young but don't claim to know someone else should hunt..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Old Archer

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Actually what usually happens is that someone wakes up one morning and begins to think they know how everyone else should act and do... so they start fussing about it and sooner or later a politician will see it as a way to garner votes and so it ends up as law and the majority of folks it affected didn't want it in the first place...

Ever think of it that way...??? No... stop and think about GOD in the schools...

Don't like someone else's way of hunting join a club like Pope & Young but don't claim to know someone else should hunt..
    No sure what your trying to say hear!