You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Old Archer

Thumbs up Bought New Rubber Boots

I purchased a pair of the LaCrosse Alpha Burly Boots 800 gram today. My
    decesion was base soley on my Hunting activity. I was able at the store to put on a liner sock, a wool sock slip the boots on and be able to run in the store testing the boots for fit. They appeared to give a great deal of support
    to foot and ankle. The last pair of rubber ones I had where very uncomfortable while using a climbing stand. These seem to match up to the stand stiirup better! The Mucks felt good to but were too loose around the ankle for what I do. Very well made!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Default Lacrosse

One of my hunting buddies has a pair of LaCrosse, don't remember which model, and swears by 'em. "Feel like tennis shoes" he says. Anybody know where I can get a pair, cheap?

They aren't cheap...............BP had them this year for like $79 on a big sale they had. I've had one pair that has lasted me 4 hunting seasons.........duck, deer, turkey. I swear by them and won't wear any other hunting boots. I love the alpha burleys.

Thumbs up

i just bought my first pair of rubber boots, the alpha burly un-insulated for $120 at gander mnt. i never bought rubber hunting boots because they never had a good ankle support feeling after wearing red-wing work boots all day at work,but a friend of mine talked me into rubber boots and i will never go back. lots of ankle support good solid tread on the bottom. we went scouting 3-4 weeks ago and the first time wearing them out we hiked a easy 3 miles and no problems.

Old Archer

Unhappy Good But Stinky!

I think they will last me for a good while, Anyone have any suggestions on getting the manufacture stink off the Boot?
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Default Stink

The friend I mentioned earlier never brings them inside. I think just about any rubber or plastic item has to outgas for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
    I think they will last me for a good while, Anyone have any suggestions on getting the manufacture stink off the Boot?
    the last rubber boots I got had a strong rubber smell to them to, got really bad when I was sitting in the stand with the sun beating on them.

I went back to leather boots for early season because of that smell.