You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Sad, sad day.......

This weekend is the michigan youth hunt and I ve takin my daughter for the last two years. First year she shot a nice wide 6 point and last year she shot a nice doe. It was sure a good way to start out my deer season.

Well the day has come, she's growing up. She has started finding other interest besides what dear old Dad is interested in. She doesn't sound to interested in going out this year.

I knew the day was coming but it seems so soon.

On a good note she is still planning on going to a 3d shoot with me this weekend..........

Default Sorry.........

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    This weekend is the michigan youth hunt and I ve takin my daughter for the last two years. First year she shot a nice wide 6 point and last year she shot a nice doe. It was sure a good way to start out my deer season.

Well the day has come, she's growing up. She has started finding other interest besides what dear old Dad is interested in. She doesn't sound to interested in going out this year.

I knew the day was coming but it seems so soon.

On a good note she is still planning on going to a 3d shoot with me this weekend..........
    I know this feeling quite well. Of the six children I had none of them pursued archery interests even with what I could offer in free equipment etc. One has to realize it's their life and not our own over again, we tend to get over it after awhile and watch their interests progress. Life goes on....

Quote Originally Posted by XQuest View Post
    I know this feeling quite well. Of the six children I had none of them pursued archery interests even with what I could offer in free equipment etc. One has to realize it's their life and not our own over again, we tend to get over it after awhile and watch their interests progress. Life goes on....

Spoken like a true wise man...............I'm not looking forward to that day. My kids are still young and enjoy shooting and watching hunting shows with me. I devote alot of my time to them and love every minute of it. Only upside it I will be shooting alot more target archery when they get older. Right now I would rather be with them.

I'm still lucky on the target side, she still plans on shooting spots with me this winter to keep me happy. She's not dumb, she knows what side her bread is buttered on.

My youngest is going to be a handful, she don't like to sit still. She might be better off trying to run the deer down than shooting them, I know she can run me down.

Default Daughters

Maybe it's just a phase, and as she grows she'll come back to Daddy.
    I've got 3 daughters. My 11 & 9 y/o daughters have been shooting w/ me, around the house, for a few years. The last 3D tournament in our area was 2 weekends ago and they both went & shot w/ me, Sat & Sun. That was only the 3rd one that I had shot at, but by far the most fun. I hope that I'll have many more years of hunting and 3D w/ them. I've also got a 5 y/o daughter, but I don't know if she'll shoot or not yet.

Boy this sounds familiar. All you can do is expose them to it and hope it leaves an impression. Keep it possitive but no pressure.
    I found both my boys really enjoyed Duck hunting rather than sitting/waiting for deer. More interactive. They can move around and gibberjabber inbetween calling. Just an age thing. They like to be doing something. Keep it fun and they will return at some point.
    FBSA Member

Old Archer

Smile Just a Thought!

Does she know how much enjoyment this brings to you! Seems that when I let Mom know how much fun I had with my daughter and she overhears that
    she seems to perk up and whats to get more involved. But you probably have lots of experience with this stuff. I'm a new Dad, we adpoted in 2006.
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

Default kids

I know that feeling all to well my daughter did the same thing to me but luckily i have a 10 year old son i am teaching and he loves it . Just him and I no girls lol