You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Bowtech "Tribute" or Mathews "Switchback"?

I've been looking at bows quite a bit lately (mostly Mathews), but have recently drawn an interest in Bowtech's "Tribute" bow. My questions is how does the Mathews' Switchback and Bowtech's Tribute compare to each other in these different catagories:

Speed

Noise level

Accuracy

Design (Mathews Solocam vs. Double Cam from Bowtech)

Reliability

Mathews is the bow of choice in the area I live, so I really haven't gotten any opinions on Bowtech bows. Any input would be deeply appreciated. Also, how are Diamond bows (made by Bowtech) compared to Bowtech bows?

Take Care and God Bless!

Ed
    "I don't go to church much, but I see the beauty of God everytime I walk in the woods".

-E Duffy Sr.
    (1946-1993)

Bowtech Guardian (29" DL, 63 lbs.)
    Bows Owned:
    Mathews Switchback/Switchback XT
    Hoyt Trykon/Vulcan

There's lots of options with BowTech and Diamond bows in performance and price. If you're shopping for a good price point bow, look at the '06 BowTech TomKat or Diamond Victory. Want a super smooth and quite bow? Look at the Diamond Liberty if you're not too worried about speed. Want to rock the house?? Look at the BowTech Allegiance with the speed module option

I am a 68 year old bowhunter. I was looking for a smooth respectable speed bow. My son and I spent 4 hours at a shop that sells both Matthews and Bowtech. After shooting them both we decided on the Switchback XT. Thw Bowtech was a faster bow bow but not near as smooth. They let us shoot a BT with a smooth kit. It was slower and smoother but still not as smooth as the SBXT. I bought the SBXT and after we got to the parking lot my son decided to go back in and buy a SBXT also. I say go to a shop like we did and if they are interested in your businees they will set up and let u shoot both bows. I found that few bows shoot as fast as they say advertise anyway. Iam not a speed freak but I want good performance with respectable speed.

Boy that's a tough choice between those two bows. Handshock, noise, vibration are very similar. The cam designs are totally different. The bowtech is faster but the Mathews pulls smoother.

You need to spend some time shooting both and decide for yourself.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

I dont really care much about how the bow pulls, its all about the shot for me, mathews are verry smooth to draw, i bought the trykon over it and the bowtec, At the shop i shoot at, it looks to me that about 80% of the hunters are shooting to much draw weight, these guys are pointing their bows up in the air and really working to get them back, if i cant aim my bow, then draw it smooth and stright back with out moving alot in sevral positions,(standing, sitting ext) i turn it down some, but i shoot alot and can pull the harder cam verry well at 69 lbs, witch is plenty. Their are still alot of guys that think you need 75 lbs for hunting, and thats just not the case, i say buy the bow that you like to pull, fits you, and will do what you need it to, dosnt matter who makes it....All the local shops seem to have a fav line to sell and thats what they push most of the time, buy the bow you like best, not the one someone else likes the best...

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    its all about the shot for me...
    then you should have gone w/ the XT......
    I cut things up and split them down!

xt wouldnt hit anymore 10 rings then my trykon dose. Id take the trykon over it anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by bullspotter View Post
    xt wouldnt hit anymore 10 rings then my trykon dose. Id take the trykon over it anyday.
    But the XT has X in the name, must mean someting right?

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    But the XT has X in the name, must mean someting right?

Might,, but the Tribute was named for our troops that keep us free. A portion of each Tribute sale goes to the T.A.P.S. program. Tragedy assistance for those family members of fallen soldiers. Here's a link.

http://www.taps.org/

It's a great program and you'll be getting arguably the best hunting bow offered in '06!

please dont take this the wrong way......
    if you are a soldier then how is it a tragedy??? Not to be insensitive and i think that what they are doing is a great thing but.....they are soldeirs and they know when they become one it is a chance they are taking so does that not make it a risk of the job? Please no mater how many time I say it....it will still sound insensitive.....

I felt the same way when 9/11 happened....but after hearring about the fireman and police and rescue workers for so long and not hearring of the people who all they were doing was going to work at an office were they sat at a desk all day or traded stocks.....

not that I dont feel bad for the public service workers but they chose to do a job were they put them selves in possible danger everyday......I feel bad for them but how about the little girl who lives down the street that lost her dad that worked for xerox......I mean did she ever think that daddy was going to die from war acts?????

I am not against war....I say take care of that hole side of the world as its the only way we will ever have any sence of peace......

I guess I just don't have any words right now