You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Okies will we have a record year?

Here statistics from last year.

Last year, Oklahoma bowhunters set a new archery season harvest record by taking 17,784 deer, helping to push the annual combined season deer harvest to the second highest level in state history. Sportsmen checked in a total of 111,427 deer overall, a 16 percent increase over the previous year and only 7,922 deer shy of the state's all-time annual harvest record of 119,349 deer in 2006.
    According to the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation's recently published “Big Game Report” — available now in the Sept/Oct issue of Outdoor Oklahoma magazine — an estimated 83,335 hunters participated in archery season last year. Jerry Shaw, big game biologist for the Wildlife Department, says that high number could be the result of the added challenge and extra time in the woods that the archery season offers.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Default Absolutely!

With the new online check-in this year we will have a record harvest all around. I have heard some guys talking about how they already have a couple of bucks to check in once season opens. These are last years bucks mind you. Shot with a rifle in January or later, for their antlers. I like the idea of the online checking but it does open doors for the poachers to run amuck. But what do ya do? At least the numbers will be more realistic than previous years. And I won't have to drive 30 or 40 miles one way to check a deer. Just wish I had some scales to weigh them. Just two days away Okies! I still don't know where I'm gonna sit first day! Happens every year. Good luck to all. Be safe. Wear your harness!

Quote Originally Posted by Okbowman View Post
    With the new online check-in this year we will have a record harvest all around. I have heard some guys talking about how they already have a couple of bucks to check in once season opens. These are last years bucks mind you. Shot with a rifle in January or later, for their antlers. I like the idea of the online checking but it does open doors for the poachers to run amuck. But what do ya do? At least the numbers will be more realistic than previous years. And I won't have to drive 30 or 40 miles one way to check a deer. Just wish I had some scales to weigh them. Just two days away Okies! I still don't know where I'm gonna sit first day! Happens every year. Good luck to all. Be safe. Wear your harness!
    I must have missed this.

Was this in the new regs. ?
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK
    Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Elite & Mission Bows

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    I must have missed this.

Was this in the new regs. ?
    Guess I did miss it.

Checking
    All deer must be checked at the nearest
    open hunter check station, with an
    authorized Department employee or online at
    wildlifedepartment.com.

Once checked, the deer will be issued a
    carcass tag or an online confirmation number.
    This tag or number must remain with the
    carcass to its final destination or through
    processing and/or storage at commercial
    processing or storage facilities.
    Carcasses may be checked in quartered
    with the sex organs naturally attached and
    head accompanying the carcass.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK

Default Where is this Online

Quote Originally Posted by Okbowman View Post
    First I have heard about it.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    First I have heard about it.
    DB
    DB, it's on the home page. I don't think the link will be activated until Oct. 1st.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dicksenn View Post
    DB, it's on the home page. I don't think the link will be activated until Oct. 1st.
    We are a check in station at the ranch. Usually dont pay attention to this.

This certianly chould be interesting. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
    DB

There is going to be check in stations as well? Is that correct or is online your only option.
    DB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    We are a check in station at the ranch. Usually dont pay attention to this.

This certianly chould be interesting. Not sure if this is a good thing or not.
    DB

There is going to be check in stations as well? Is that correct or is online your only option.
    DB
    There should be check in stations as well and yeah not sure how I feel about it either.
    Archery Outpost
    Tulsa, OK