You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Wraps question

Default Wraps question

ok..i got my blazers yesterday and ive fletched up a few arrows. The arrows look kinda naked because im used to 4" vanes and i want to try putting on some wraps. Ive never used them before so i dont know which ones to get or how to put them on. I shoot goldtip 7595s ...and if i have to replace a damaged fletch then i usually scrape the shaft clean with a razor...thats going to mess up a wrap isnt it? thanks -Steve

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.Va View Post
    ok..i got my blazers yesterday and ive fletched up a few arrows. The arrows look kinda naked because im used to 4" vanes and i want to try putting on some wraps. Ive never used them before so i dont know which ones to get or how to put them on. I shoot goldtip 7595s ...and if i have to replace a damaged fletch then i usually scrape the shaft clean with a razor...thats going to mess up a wrap isnt it? thanks -Steve
    yup everytime you damage 1 fletching you lose 3. I've also had issues with the veins ripping off.

I've used a bunch of different wraps, the only ones I would reccomend are from Arrow Wraps Unlimited. The ones you get super cheap are just that: super cheap. takes a lot more scrubbing, scraping and cleaning to get them off, the AWU ones just peel right off and leave no residue.

Personally I don't think that they are worth the time or trouble, and they add a lot of expense to the arrow.
    No I'm not dead

Yes, I second Dredly's comments. I tried them and very quickly realized that they are a waste of money and time. They look cool, but that's where the practicality ends.

I use Blazers too and, yes, they do look a little different compared to 4" AA vanes or similar.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.Va View Post
    I love using wraps I think I am the only person in the world who does.. I just thought I would give you my opinion. I own a vinyl cutter so I cut my own wraps I prefer bright colors like flo. orange and yellow with the same color flites.. I use them b.c I think it makes it easier to see you arrow in flight White workes ok but flo orange is by far my favorite if you want any wraps I also shoot gold tips I would be happy to cut you some up. I change mine alot just to see what I like I have about 25 colors. but like I said a very visible color is the best. they are not just for looks they do work if they are the right color.
    Hunt Hard or Don't GO

Im gonna give them a try...if they turn out to be a pain i'll just take em off. The arrows are shooting real well just like they are now but i was having trouble tracking them to the target. ...and i definetly want to see my arrow when it sinks into a deer! When i was practicing yesterday, i couldnt see alot of my arrows sticking in the target until i walked up closer. Onestringer got some positive feedback over at AT ..i sent him an email today and he is sending me some white wraps to sample. If i like them, im gonna order 4-6 dozen and im hoping he has some flo orange. I appreciate the offer but what id really like is a spot to hunt whitetails in Iowa! Maybe its just the hunting shows ive been watching, but ya'll got some awesome deer cruising around out there...one of the Drury brothers killed the biggest deer ive ever seen in Iowa named skyscraper with the bow..and passed up alot of incredible bucks. I seriously started thinking about moving to Iowa after seeing that show! thanks -Steve

Dont forget they will make your arrow stiffer as they are adding weight to the rear of your arrows.....you think yours look naked....I use line jammers w/the 1.5 quickspins....I think it looks cool....

Oh and by the way seeing your arrow in flight will help turn you into a peeker....instead try following thru on the shot, may help w/consistinsey even if you dont think your having a problem....

once the arrow leaves the bow you can never have that shot back again......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default wraps

ive been out of archery for a while now, jsut what are wraps and what are the advantages to using these. any one have any pics of some, and how to use them, im getting back into 3d and would like to see and know about these things,, thanx

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by terryracing86 View Post
    ive been out of archery for a while now, jsut what are wraps and what are the advantages to using these. any one have any pics of some, and how to use them, im getting back into 3d and would like to see and know about these things,, thanx
    basically they look cool... thats the only benefit.
    No I'm not dead

Default wraps

any one have any pics to post, so i can see what they are? how do you install these? thanx for the help

Site Guru

Wraps question - General Archery Forum

Those are JCMorgans

basically its a piece of vinyl with sticky stuff on one side and you just set the arrow on the wrap and roll it on
    No I'm not dead

Default wraps

thanx, then i guess you glue the fletchings on the wraps then, thats how it looks in the pics, or to me anyways. thanx for the info though

I like the looks of wraps but didnt want to use them because if you need to fix one vane you are going to wreck three plus the wrap. So I took my wifes paper cutter-one that can cut a whole piece of paper in a straight line-and cut the wraps cross ways in 1/2 inch strips. I put a small piece of wrap on the shaft beginning at the nock then glue on the vane then another small piece of wrap at the other end. The vanes are glued directly to the arrow shaft and I still have a bit of wrap and can mix the colors if I want. You dont have the weight of the whole wrap to mess with your FOC either-just a couple small pieces.