You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: hoyt trykon??

Hybrid View

Default hoyt trykon??

I just sold my bowtech allegiance to a friend to get him into bowhunting i'm lookking at buying a new bow and i've been looking at the new!! hoyt trykon . i've read some reviews and heard they are hard to tune . anyone out there have some advice on the new trykon..

Default I love the trykon

I love the Trykon I have the xt, Its not hard to tune, I will be selling mine in november.. the only reason is I buy a new hoyt every year, the trykon is a sweet shooting piece of work.. Its fast, forgiving, and best of all it looks really cool.. oh its a hoyt... if there are any specific questions you may have about the Trykon let me know. I will answer them the best I can. I suggest going and shooting one, it will sell itself. If you want a deal wait until November and Ill give you one.
    Mathews DXT

HHA

mathews drop away rest

Victory V1

Shrewd stabilizer

Lungbuster.....what about string noise? A buddy at our local pro shop said it was a little loud...said he had to play with string silencers to find the best ones. Ive shot mathews for the last 7 years and was actually thinking about the switch due to the 80lb limbs they offer on the trykon. Also..what kind of speed do you get out of yours. Im not a speed freak, but I shoot a really heavy arrow(bout 525 grain) and was just wondering what yours was pushing.
    thanks alot
    kent

I shoot a 60-70 lbs trykon my arrow is 490 grains I am pulling 74 lbs the bow is maxed out my draw is 28" and my arrow length is 30" I shoot 261 fps. My bow is silent. The string that comes on it is not very good and the silencers arent either. I switched to a winners choice and I put cat whiskers on the draw string and the cables I cannot hear the bow being fired. My arrow flight is louder than the bow.

I sold a allegiance and bought a trikon last year, was a good move, im shooting a 395 grain arrow at 285 with 28.5 dl at 69 lbs, havent had any tuning problems, i just kinda eye balled everything the did some light paper tuning. shoots awsom, and is quieter then the 05 allegiance was. I really like it!!

Default Trykons are very fast and quiet

I have two Trykons an XL and a standard the standard is my hunting bow. My hunting bow is set at 70Lbs and my draw is 29 and 1/2 inches I use terminators with a 100 grain ThunderHead or Stinger mech. Iam getting 310fps out of this rig. The bow and arrow combination is very quiet infact I have had a number of long time shooters remark how quiet the rig is. As for tuning I have had no problems. The one thing that I would suggest is ti replace the Fuse POC string with WC before you even leave the pro shop.
    Hoyt Trykon
    WC Strings and cables
    Sure-Loc Supreme
    Apex Scope

Default question

I am shooting a 27.5 inch draw cabron express arrows maxima hunters, 85 grain heads. 67 lbs draw weight shoots about 275fps... the only thing I did to my strings is twisted tighter and got rid of the shox for speed leeches.. no more noise ever..
    Mathews DXT

HHA

mathews drop away rest

Victory V1

Shrewd stabilizer

I had a chance to shoot the trykon at the pro shop and the one I shot was a smooth shooting bow. In this area most people shoot eithe hoyt, Matthews,pse or reflex. I have shot Darton for many years started with the 50mx. Have shot my Darton Lightning for past 10yrs. I would like to shot a new Darton maybe Its time to upgrade my setup.

sweet thanks for all the info I think i pretty much have made my choice but i'll for sure shoot one before i make the final decision but by the sounds of it i don't think i'll have a problem with it . Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I had a chance to shoot the trykon at the pro shop and the one I shot was a smooth shooting bow. In this area most people shoot eithe hoyt, Matthews,pse or reflex. I have shot Darton for many years started with the 50mx. Have shot my Darton Lightning for past 10yrs. I would like to shot a new Darton maybe Its time to upgrade my setup.
    darton are they still in business????
    I cut things up and split them down!

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

i have a trykon xl 75 th aniversary edition i dont have a prob with the nois it is because it is out of tune if you get nois . it is caused by the cables not the actual bow string if you get it in time there is no excessive noise