You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Hybrid View

Unhappy NRA keeps calling !

I keep getting calls from the NRA (I got caller ID ) and I don't answer them as they seem to hound you more as this has happen in past years.

I'm not against the NRA ,but don't like all that extra asking for this or that , which seems to be part of their goals !

What does anyone on this site think of this situation ,that I'm in ?

If I join or not ,how do I keep them from bothering me alot ?

I dont get calls from them but emails a few a week which is fine with me, thats why I'm a member. I'm glad there doing what there doing or there might not be any gun rights at all.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

I get maybe one call a year and a few mailings which I read... I am a Life Member...

The calls you get are not actually from the NRA but from a phone bank.. next time they call answer and request to be placed on the do not call list... it will take a few weeks but the calls will stop..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Unhappy They called !

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    I get maybe one call a year and a few mailings which I read... I am a Life Member...

The calls you get are not actually from the NRA but from a phone bank.. next time they call answer and request to be placed on the do not call list... it will take a few weeks but the calls will stop..
    They called just a few minutes ago ( must be call number 342 or so in the last month + )and I told them to put me on their do not call list !

Don't know if it works ,but thanks for the advice !

Unhappy NRA just called again !

Made me mad ,but I thought I'd listen to their reason this time ,rather than just ask them to put me on their do not call list as that didn't work .

I listen to their message, they always addressed themselves as members of the NRA,I never doubted they were not !

Being that I don't know any of those people I've decided to let someone here give me a solid reason or more on why it is better to be a member,please I want only those who I would know from this site ,not anyone from who knows where and keep it short and direct ,please

I do own alot of firearms (mostly shotguns ),as I do archery equipment !

Carpshooter

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    Made me mad ,but I thought I'd listen to their reason this time ,rather than just ask them to put me on their do not call list as that didn't work .

I listen to their message, they always addressed themselves as members of the NRA,I never doubted they were not !

Being that I don't know any of those people I've decided to let someone here give me a solid reason or more on why it is better to be a member,please I want only those who I would know from this site ,not anyone from who knows where and keep it short and direct ,please

I do own alot of firearms (mostly shotguns ),as I do archery equipment !

Carpshooter
    Obama, Pelosi, Sotomayor.... do I really got to go on...

I told you it would take a while to get on the do not call list... you must be one of the McDonnald's generation... if it don't happen in the next two seconds you got to gripe about it..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by Carpshooter View Post
    I keep getting calls from the NRA (I got caller ID ) and I don't answer them as they seem to hound you more as this has happen in past years.

I'm not against the NRA ,but don't like all that extra asking for this or that , which seems to be part of their goals !

What does anyone on this site think of this situation ,that I'm in ?

If I join or not ,how do I keep them from bothering me alot ?
    thats the reason i dropped my membership

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    thats the reason i dropped my membership
    me too.

I would rather they double the membership fee and promise to leave me alone the rest of the year.

The last straw was when they started sending me DVD'd that I didn't order then sent me a bill and started burning up my phone line for payment. I broke the DVD in small little pieces and sent it back.

i'm a life time member but only because the gun clubs i belong to make it mandatory in order to belong, i would much rather support Gun Owners of America http://gunowners.org/ i just don't trust the NRA all they want is money.
    they kept calling until we had it out one day on the phone and i haven't heard from them since thank god

Red. PSE Supra ME
    Black. PSE Supra ME

Why would the Northen Rivers Auto Club keep ringing you guy's
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Talking Here's what I think !

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Why would the Northen Rivers Auto Club keep ringing you guy's
    Westy , you are lucky , but give us your Telephone number / numbers and we'll get it on the NRA do-call list !

Last edited by Carpshooter; 12-27-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling and looking a second time