You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default pse x force dream season gx

I went to lancaster archery to get my pse xforce dream season gx setup. The guy talked me out of getting the limb drive rest and spott hogg sight to a trophy taker rest and a hhc sight. We got everything setup with carbon maximu 350 arrows cut to 28 inches and 100 grain points and poundage set at 65lbs. We started paper tuning with a low right tear (I'm left handed). we did around 20 shots and made changes to rest on every shot with the same result of low right tear. the tech then went to the back of the shop to check the timing and after 15 minutes he came and got me to tell me that the lower cam was smashed where the cable attaches to the cam. I don't know how this would happen but he did call PSE and they are shipping a new set of cams, limbs and cables for a 2010 dream season gx. This sucks because I traveled 2.5 hours to get to the shop and now I have to go back when the parts come in. I'm still not convinced that this rest will work and I'm thinking of asking them to either put the limb drive rest or qad hd rest on it. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by redcamaro72 View Post
    I went to lancaster archery to get my pse xforce dream season gx setup. The guy talked me out of getting the limb drive rest and spott hogg sight to a trophy taker rest and a hhc sight. We got everything setup with carbon maximu 350 arrows cut to 28 inches and 100 grain points and poundage set at 65lbs. We started paper tuning with a low right tear (I'm left handed). we did around 20 shots and made changes to rest on every shot with the same result of low right tear. the tech then went to the back of the shop to check the timing and after 15 minutes he came and got me to tell me that the lower cam was smashed where the cable attaches to the cam. I don't know how this would happen but he did call PSE and they are shipping a new set of cams, limbs and cables for a 2010 dream season gx. This sucks because I traveled 2.5 hours to get to the shop and now I have to go back when the parts come in. I'm still not convinced that this rest will work and I'm thinking of asking them to either put the limb drive rest or qad hd rest on it. Any suggestions?
    trophy taker what? I think it depends what you get from them.
    Limb Drivers are good, take a look at the apa rests. Full containment, no fletch contact on the safari, and easy set up on all rest, good prices on them too.
    APA staff shooter, scott's strings staff shooter

Quote Originally Posted by APAshooter92 View Post
    trophy taker what? I think it depends what you get from them.
    Limb Drivers are good, take a look at the apa rests. Full containment, no fletch contact on the safari, and easy set up on all rest, good prices on them too.
    trophy taker fall away rest

I shoot Trophy Taker's on all my bows and they perform flawlessly. I've also sold a many of those rests because guys check mine out and love it. They are rock solid and bulletproof. I shoot the original drop aways not the Full containments.

[QUOTE=redcamaro72;253459] the tech then went to the back of the shop to check the timing and after 15 minutes[QUOTE]

This is probably when the "smash" happened.
    President-Neuse River Bowhunters
    PSE Field Staff

[QUOTE=nccrutch;253513][QUOTE=redcamaro72;253459] the tech then went to the back of the shop to check the timing and after 15 minutes

This is probably when the "smash" happened.
    the techs are very good at lancaster, but you never know accidents do happen, if the cam was smashed while you were shooting, dont you think the serving would have come apart, or maybe cut the string, or possibly jumped the track? maybe just some thoughts