You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default R100 Handicapping

I went to the R100 shoot in North Royalton, OH. As some of the scores were scrolling through I noticed that mathematically there was no way possible that some of the people scored what was on the screen. I asked the young lady sitting at the entry table about it. She told me that those scores are with their handicaps applied. I asked her how they determine the handicaps and she did not know. My question is exactly that. Does anyone on here know how they determine the handicaps? The scores they showed for me were the exact scores that I shot for each course. They did not include a handicap.

If you didnt get a handicap you were probably shooting freestyle. I dont remember what the exact amounts are but the give a certain number of points to people shooting in hunter class(50 I believe), a certain number to youth (75 ?) ect no matter what their initial score is. That is how it was explained to me when I asked about it.

Default R100 Handicapping

No, I was in the Hunter class. I think they must have forgotten to add my handicap or something. The scores posted on the web site and at the actual shoot were the actual scores I shot.

Quote Originally Posted by oes006 View Post
    No, I was in the Hunter class. I think they must have forgotten to add my handicap or something. The scores posted on the web site and at the actual shoot were the actual scores I shot.
    I shoot open class and there was no handicap in that class. The youth and hunter both had a handicap I think. I think youth got 100 and hunter was 50. My 1 son was just shy of getting the r100 pin and found out that with the handicap he easily made it. My other son ended up in 3rd. place in the youth class.
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter
    Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter/Tru Ball staff shooter/Bohning Shooting Staff
    K&E Taxidermy
    http://www.freewebs.com/gerrystaxidermy/index.htm