You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pick your poison.......

After a long day of talking and fighting on the web what do you like sip and relax with?

I got a couple I like.

dark beer, the darker the better. I like dark beer when I'm watchin a game by myself, or in the summer when I go out and sit in the deer blinds and watch for deer.

regular beer, this is best drank with other buddies standing around B.S.in about the days hunt, fishing, or complaining about women.

Wine, I like wine with dinner.

Gin and tonic....not very offen, sometimes I just get a hankerin for one or two of these after work.

What's your flavor?

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

Default drink

i like an ice cold bottle of mt.dew in the summer
    i like a worm bottle of mt.dew in the winter
    i like mt.dew when i have dinner
    to hell with it ,i drink mt. dew all the time

Got to be carefull that mt. dew will kill ya.

Default Lol

I know but at least i will die happy lol

I am a HUGE Coors Light fan.
    WARP SPEED

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

Well I'm a home brewer and vintner and make all my own, nothing locally available really satisfies me any more.

For beer, I like to make a 90 0r 120 minute IPA, or a Belgian Triple, but my favorite is a Russian Imperial Stout after I've aged it for a year or so, in one of my Hungarian Oak barrels.

Wines, I like a deep full body reds. I currently have some Carmanere, and three different batches of Amarone bulk aging in glass carboys, an Australian Cabernet just went into the oak barrel to age for about 6 months to replace the Cabernet Franc that just came out.

My Elderberry took "Best of Show" at the Mid-South Fair last year, but was too sweet for my personal tastes. Everybody else seems to really dig it though. Hmm what else, ohh yeas I have a 3 gallon oak barrel full of some BlackBerry Port I made last year that is getting really good. Two years ago I barrel fermented a Pinot Grigio that was divine, though I'm down to only 12 bottles of it left. And every year I make Cranberry wine, when fresh cranberries go on sale after Christmas.
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by SandSquid View Post
    Well I'm a home brewer and vintner and make all my own, nothing locally available really satisfies me any more.

For beer, I like to make a 90 0r 120 minute IPA, or a Belgian Triple, but my favorite is a Russian Imperial Stout after I've aged it for a year or so, in one of my Hungarian Oak barrels.

Wines, I like a deep full body reds. I currently have some Carmanere, and three different batches of Amarone bulk aging in glass carboys, an Australian Cabernet just went into the oak barrel to age for about 6 months to replace the Cabernet Franc that just came out.

My Elderberry took "Best of Show" at the Mid-South Fair last year, but was too sweet for my personal tastes. Everybody else seems to really dig it though. Hmm what else, ohh yeas I have a 3 gallon oak barrel full of some BlackBerry Port I made last year that is getting really good. Two years ago I barrel fermented a Pinot Grigio that was divine, though I'm down to only 12 bottles of it left. And every year I make Cranberry wine, when fresh cranberries go on sale after Christmas.

Can I be on your Christmas list?

Making my own beer has always been on my list of things to do but looks to be a little harder than making wine. I started gathering a few pieces to try and make some wine this year but due to the cold weather my grapes are crap this year. I do have a lot of apple and thought about trying my hand at some apple jack this year.

How sweet is you blackberry port? I've tried port wine in the past and didn't like it to much because it was sooo sweet.

i love the craft beers..wheat type.. IPA 's are good too!
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

Old Archer

Default Union Dortmunder

When I can find Dortmunder, if not then A COLD Heineken will do! When your last name is spelled HEINRICH you tend enjoy old aged Beers! Ya! das ist guet! mein freind!..
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

jim

I enjoy a Corona & lime with pizza.

Bush with the boys.

Homemade wine anytime (sweet).

Will wake up through the night just to drink a coke and go back to bed.

i tried something new the other night dark eyes cherry vodka with MT.DEW and it tasted just like a cherry dew ,man did i get lit that night

Yellowtail Merlot is one my favorite wines....
    New Breed Archery
    Gold Tip - Spot-Hogg

what is that

Sam Adams when I feel like splurging, otherwise Miller High Life Light.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

sam adams is pretty expencieve here

Quote Originally Posted by J.A.G. View Post
    Yellowtail Merlot is one my favorite wines....

yellowtail puts out some good wine.

mmy biggest problem with wine.... I hate to leave half a bottle ......good to the last drop.

Talking I got to admit the following !

I decided to go cold turkey ( back about 18+ years ago )and drink only NA wine,beer ,etc. as I like to be sober while on this site and after I'm done ,can any of you tell ?

Hmmm....

They all sound like great choices.

Personally I have a few favorites.

Zeigan Bock (brewed by michelob and only available in Texas (BOOO!!!)) is a personal favorite especially after a hot hard day. Since i live in CO and this is not available locally, any dark/hoppy beer (i.e. Sam Adams, Shiner, etc) though I have been known to make inroads into anything that is a craft style beer. I am into homebrewing and have an Amber that should be ready to bottle any day now.

Other choices include a good whiskey preferably Strahans (a Colorado Straight whiskey that is a bit of a combination between a straight whisky and a Scotch). If that is unavailable because my wife finished off my bottle on election night while I was at achool (dang her....) any good Scotch will do.

Also Like good spicy red wines and love trying new ones especially from home vintners. Speaking of which Sand do you happen to sell/ship...if so let me know and perhaps we can work an exchange you know paper for wine.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document

I also do my own wines that go very well with or without food.
    This years vintage includes
    Blackberry
    Black raspberry
    Pear
    Wild Grape
    Concord
    Mulberry

There might be some E-85 cooking in the barn sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Hobbies View Post
    Hmmm....

They all sound like great choices.

Personally I have a few favorites.

Zeigan Bock (brewed by michelob and only available in Texas (BOOO!!!)) is a personal favorite especially after a hot hard day. Since i live in CO and this is not available locally, any dark/hoppy beer (i.e. Sam Adams, Shiner, etc) though I have been known to make inroads into anything that is a craft style beer. I am into homebrewing and have an Amber that should be ready to bottle any day now.

Other choices include a good whiskey preferably Strahans (a Colorado Straight whiskey that is a bit of a combination between a straight whisky and a Scotch). If that is unavailable because my wife finished off my bottle on election night while I was at achool (dang her....) any good Scotch will do.

Also Like good spicy red wines and love trying new ones especially from home vintners. Speaking of which Sand do you happen to sell/ship...if so let me know and perhaps we can work an exchange you know paper for wine.

I just tried some Shiner the other day........yummmmm. it is on my short list of beer to buy again.