You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Site Guru

Default I shot a "deer"... warning GRAPHIC PIC!

So here was my day today:

2:00 AM - My son decided to cry all night... starting around 2:00 or so and ending when I got up at 5:30 (bleh)

5:50 AM - I get dressed and somehow one of my socks is still wet... no clue since it came out of the dryer, throw it back in the dryer for 20 mins to dry.

6:20 AM - Leave the house and drive to my parents house (5 mins away). I was supposed to be there at 6:15 AM to meet with a buddy of mine and my dad

6:30 AM - get ready to go into the woods (YEAH!)

6:45 AM - walking around aimlessly as I passed the tacks on the trail and have no clue where I am, put buddy in tree near where I "THINK" he should be (ended up being the tree right beside the one I wanted him in.. lucky)

7:15 AM - Get lost going to my stand, finally find the tree and climb up and get set

7:17 AM - FREEZING MY ARSE OFF! It hit 38 this morning with a steady wind... and I'm 25 feet up in a tree

7:30 AM - I test my bow, draw back a bit getting used to the wrist release again (I lost my other one on Monday), and forget that I'm not releaseing WITH my thumb and holding with my index finger anymore... arrow takes a bee line dive into a rock. Another one bites the dust

9:45 AM - see NOTHING! Screw this its cold, even the tree-rats are smart enough to NOT come out in this frigid stuff. Time for breakfast

10:00 AM - Come inside to fine I managed to split my pants and got 2 other holes in them... no clue how. Luckily I was wearing Under Armor so you couldn't tell.

11:00 AM - Spend 90 bux buying a new pair of pants from Cabelas online. (ouch!)

12:00 PM - Head over to my Buddies house to hunt. the afternoon, realize when I get out of the truck that my big bottle of scent free is at home, and I have about 1/8 of a spray bottle left... crap

1:00 PM - Get in stand, (UP SUCKS!), and realize there is a dead branch that broke during the week in my main shooting line... damn, Spook 3 deer while walking in... damn

1:30 PM - Stupid doe walks towards me, and chooses to eat the Oak leaves I just cut out of the tree... stupid doe, too much estrogen will do this to you.

1:35 PM - Stupid doe takes that one last step. 7 yard shot. Managed to catch a leaf or twig which rips my CO-Ck vein off the arrow, I hit back further then I wanted... damn but it looked like a solid hit still

1:36 PM - I hear a little girl scream in the direction my deer went... damn

1:37 PM - My buddies dog starts running along the blood trail. I'm pretty sure the stupid doe is dead somewhere, My buddies dad is down where it ran to, I yell down to him and ask if its dead... he tells me not sure, but he thinks I gut shot it... damn

1:45 PM - Screw waiting 30 minutes, get out of my stand

1:50 PM - Go down to find my stupid doe. its dead. WOOHOO!

1:51 PM - Its a button buck... damn

1:52 PM - Gut shot my butt! Arrow went in right above the left rear hindquarter and came out under the right front leg... DEAD DEER!

1:53 PM - Realize that my buddies dog is bigger then my deer... damn

1:55 PM - Realize this deer is going to get thrown on a spit and cooked over a fire... WOOHOO!

After that I stalked a deer to within 35 yards before he walked off, foudn a rub line on 6" round trees, saw a 100+ pound doe walk up a trail I'm going to stake out later, and watched another deer walk right past where I killed the other one... then drank beer, ate tenderloins and the hind legs and now just got home
    No I'm not dead

Site Guru

Just for comparisons sake... that is a Ross CR331... which means its 31 A2A. The arrow is sticking out about 15 inches... its 29 inches long. the only thing that stopped a full pass through was the frong shoulder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No I'm not dead

Dredly shot Bambi...........Dredly shot Bambi. Sounds like you had an interesting day there buddy. MMMMMMM tender little fella I'll bet. Congrats now go back out and wait on a little bit larger one.

"HONDA"

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BowhuntnHoosier View Post
    Dredly shot Bambi...........Dredly shot Bambi. Sounds like you had an interesting day there buddy. MMMMMMM tender little fella I'll bet. Congrats now go back out and wait on a little bit larger one.
    I'll have pics next week of bambi roasting on a spit over an open fire
    No I'm not dead

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Hey looks like all tenderloin to me. Ummm Good, I had fresh deer breakfast sauage this moring before church, Sure am good. God feed it to no additives.. Let's go get some more meat Dredly> God Bless you, Holy Smokes

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

oh boy now we now why you are dredly....thats some mug buddy......

no as far as the deer goes.....they still sell milk fed veal at the stores.....its not that little.....

Graphic thats not graphic, I wish I had pics of the doe my buddy shot last year......lets just say this.....it was a 7mm and the cross hairs were on the bottem of the mouth, head on when the trigger was pulled, now thats graphic.......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Site Guru

Well I have a pic of the exit hole I could post too

and I had been wearing a hat all day in a very shady area. my buddie was like "take off the damn hat" and it was extremly sunny so I'm squinting like an idiot. Didn't notice until afterwards
    No I'm not dead

good to see that sts on that bow.....
    I cut things up and split them down!