You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: 3d shooting

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

Default 3d shooting

OK guys i have ben on the website for a few days and ben seing a lot about 3d shooting . I know it may sound stupid but I am going to get started in it and was wondering if my hunting bow will work or do i kneed to go buy a target bow . Also can i use my trophy rige 5 pin hunting sights or do i kneed 1 of those fancy taget sights . nexed question is can i also shoot my recurve for 3d shooting . they are going to start the 3d shooting here in jan 2010 and i want to be ready and used to the equipment before it starts.

I don't change anything for 3D, other than I don't use my riser mounted quiver. I'm not a serious 3D shooter. I only go to practice ranging deer by eye and to get some practice when I'm not hunting. All the pro's I've seen shoot use a different bow for 3D.

Hey guys just joined. I know here they usually have the shoots broken down into divisions. The divisions usually include pro, hunter, and team. I know in the hunter which is what I shoot in your stabilizer can't be over 12" and things like that. I hope this helps.

Default hunting bow

I would venture to say, most people use their hunting bow. There are a lot of traditional archers out there also. They get to shoot from a different position, usually closer. Some of the shoots i have been to will have a targets frrom 3 to 80 yards. The majority of the targets will be 15 to 50 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
    OK guys i have ben on the website for a few days and ben seing a lot about 3d shooting . I know it may sound stupid but I am going to get started in it and was wondering if my hunting bow will work or do i kneed to go buy a target bow . Also can i use my trophy rige 5 pin hunting sights or do i kneed 1 of those fancy taget sights . nexed question is can i also shoot my recurve for 3d shooting . they are going to start the 3d shooting here in jan 2010 and i want to be ready and used to the equipment before it starts.
    Yes you can use your hunting in fact I would recommend it starting out. Alot of people use theirs. You can use fixed pins. I think that there is a recurve class but I am not sure.
    It's is broke down into classes I don't know if you shoot ASA but I can give you a lil info on BOw Novice
    Fixed Pins No Magnification
    12 or less stabilizer
    280 FPS Speed Limit
    30 Yard Max Distance
    All Distance Known

For the Hunter Class
    Same rules I can't remember if the distance is 30, 35, 40 off the top of my head but it is half known and the other half you have to judge yardage.
    If you want to know about another class I will be more than happy to tell you.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter