You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default having trouble with my arrows

I just started shooting and am having a hard time trying to decide what to get for arrows I dont want anything super expensive like average priced and I dont know rather to get aluminon or carbon fiber can somebody help me and also what is a good type broadhead and grain size to use

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

Default arrows

i use gold tip expedition hunters they are carbon and cost about $70 a dozen

Old Archer

Smile Ditto!

I have come back to gold Tip this year, Very strong shaft for the money!
    There are a number of good broadheads out there, I'm using The Slick Tricks this year, very, very, sharp head! 100 grain four blade head! Invest in the ASD tool from G5 outdoors, it will help true up what ever you decide to shoot!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Carbon Express Terminator Lt. Selects. About $75 a doz. Shot them for several years. I shoot Victory's now, but they cost more for the model I use.

Go with what your budget will allow. Aluminum and carbons both work. I think the best budget arrow is the Easton Platinum series, good tolerances.
    As for heads, Wasp, Slick Trick, or Muzzy for us budget minded types.
    FBSA Member

it all depends on preference, carbon arrows exceed faster speeds, and tend to be alot more durable, ive killed multiple deer with the same arrows, aluminum tends to break, bend, their great for recurve, and longbows, due to the lack of speed you need the weight, but all arrows will do their job, whether beman, gold tip, or wal mart arrows, try different kinds and decide for yourself
    Martin Tracer Magnum Beman ICS Hunter Arrows Rocket Spitfire Broadheads Scott Release Blazer Vanes

I would go with Gold Tips as well, they offer different grades of Arrow so you can choose what would best fit your price range, They have been dead on what they advertise for me as far as straightness. I love Gold Tips and Would recommend them to anyone.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter

Default Gold Tip

I have also been thinking of getting new arrows, and everyone i talk to recomends gold tips. The pro shop i go to has ben selling them as long as i can remember and has had no problems. Where in NY are you?

I started using carbon fury and shoot them next to more expensive arrows. Can't tell the difference. I love them and they are strong. Just got another dozen today on sale Bass pro shops $54.94 check out reviews on them, a lot of happy archers. Also get some of the heat shrink fletchings great fix to keep arrows in service.

dont buy the cheap carbon arrows from gander mountain i dont remember the full name but they was whitetail ?????? for 29.99 half a dozen i bought about 2 dozen when i finally realized i was wastn money i had some on the first shot they would split at the nock end and they was heavy enough for my bow.. i went to another proshop and bought the goldtip pro hunter they was higher but worth it. i have broke nocks off that i had to pull out the rest with needle nose pliers and put a new nock in and still shooting the arrow they are some tuff arrows you will pay for what u get with arrows
    Last edited by runt; 02-15-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: put in wrong arrow

Default Goldtips

Quote Originally Posted by nybowhunter94 View Post
    I just started shooting and am having a hard time trying to decide what to get for arrows I dont want anything super expensive like average priced and I dont know rather to get aluminon or carbon fiber can somebody help me and also what is a good type broadhead and grain size to use
    GoldtipXT hunters are good arrows.

Slick Tricks 100grn Magnums are a good broadhead.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

AT chat Mod

I personally prefer easton arrows but there is nothing wrong with GTs Eastons or Victorys buy the best you can afford there is a bigger difference in quality vs price than between the manufacturers

Hoyt Vertor Turbo

Beman bowhunters are like 60.00 a dozen strong arrow for the money. I use expencive arrows but have used these in the past with great shots but just bought a hoyt carbon matrix spent a bundel so went with gold tip ultra light pros witch run me 139.00 set up.

victory v force or the hv v force make sure you cut equal amounts from both ends when you cut the arrow
    2010 Pearson Pro Staff www.archeryprostaff.com
    2010 Legend, Advantage
    bohning shooting staff
    vapor trail staff
    tru ball staff, specialty archery staff

Quote Originally Posted by nybowhunter94 View Post
    i would use gold tip 5575 carbons at about $90 a dozen and highly recomend the swhacker broad heads in 100grn. they cut like crazy. have never had a deer go more than 50 yds.