You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Bad Luck

Default Bad Luck

MY son had bad luck last friday night. He got borken into and his bow, bow case, release, and arrows got stolen. he was coming to my house sunday to sight in his new trophy ridge sights. He had gone down the wrong road in the past and is coming out of that and wanted to start shooting and bow hunting with me again. This is hard for me as i was excited to see him turn that hard corner and get interested in something that keep me out of trouble when I was young. This bow getting stolen was devastating for him. I am trying to do what I can to get him a new bow as fast as I can. I can not stand a thief. In my opinion they are the lowest life form that that there is. What do you all think a good mid-range price bow is. I have my own opinions but would like to know what other people think. Hopfully we have one in a couple of weeks for him.

Tom

That really sucks , hope you are able to get that bow replaced. As for a particular brand you do have a few choices on a mid ranged priced bow.Good luck to you and your son.

Look into the fred bear line for something to get you by for a while,

who knows maybe you'll be a FB4L
    I cut things up and split them down!

I don't know how old your son is, so I don't know if he is at an age that he has stopped growing. I assume that he has, but really that is neither here nor there. I purchased the Parker Buck Hunter for my son and it really is a great bow. It is very versatile in regards to draw length and the pro shop we got it from said that even though it is a 60#-70# bow it can be let down to about 56#. You may also want to look into used, but assuming that you want one in time for the season's end it may not be practical to buy online, especially through bid on ebay. Also, don't know if shop owners will ship it before they themselves decide to hunt. Best bet is to go to a pro shop and figure out what you can afford in the suitable size and then take your son back to try those out and finally choose.

Sorry about the bad luck and I hope you can catch this guy or at least recover this rig.

Good Luck and Straight Shooting
    Clem
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ & The American G. I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Some People spend their whole lives wondering if they made a difference in the world.
    Luckily our Service Men and Women don't have that problem.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    Look into the fred bear line for something to get you by for a while,

who knows maybe you'll be a FB4L
    What he said! I would definatly look into the new FB lines.
    No I'm not dead

I'm a new member and this is my first post so take my opinion with a grain of salt but.....i myself recently bought a Fred Bear Instinct as an economical re-entry into the archery/bowhunting arena after a 10+ year absence. I must say that after shooting it side by side with my brother's Switchback, it seems to be a heck of a bow for the money and i would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a middle of the road bow with good bang for your buck.....IMHO that is. I've only had it a couple of months but i have enjoyed shooting it tremendously. (I also shot the Element before making a purchase and it shoots about the same for less money, i just liked the Instinct better)

I also saw the 2007 Myst on Browning's website for around the same $$ but i can't speak for it based on personal experience. Worth considering i would think.....

EDIT: Oh, sorry for your son's misfortune. I would have to agree with you about thieves being the lowest lifeforms.....
    Last edited by pilot; 10-10-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Hey I heard it from a bird that the new Ignition from Mathews....Sell for like 329........and the cams sell for like 20.......not modules but hole cams.....talk about afordable especially w/ever changing draw lengths that usally happens to kids......
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default Fred Bear Element

I shoot the fred bear element and i love it its msrp is 299 and well worth it
    tru-glo 5-pin sight
    Doinker Shorty A-bomb
    Tru-fire judge
    Easton LightSpeed 500s 6.5GPI
    100 Gr Muzzy-Bad to the bone-!!
    Bowhunters get more penatration!!!

i shoot a fred bear element and i love it killed three deer with it so far this year great shooting bow. i have not found a bad thig about thease
    take a child to the woods and let them teach you something new