You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hold your mouth right newmission's Avatar

Default Tru-Peep, G5 Meta Peep, Or Keep It 'Ol School

HELLO TO ALL! I just joined 3dshoots after weeks of reading ya'll forum and getting to know some folks. Seems like a great place with a wealth of knowledge, and besides, it's the only forum the firewall at work will let me on.

So to get into it. I'm looking to get away from the old tube peep and into something that cleans up the picture without throwing up a flag with the wife for dropping $50 on a plastic cheerio.

I've read as many threads as I could about peeps and folk's views, but none really got into the technical stuff like, which is noisier, or if it's really worth the $10 for 35% less weight and blue paint.

So for a hunter that is taking that shaky shot and needs it right were it counts, which peep works best for the money? The Fletcher Tru-Peep? The G5 Meta? Or keep it 'ol school with the tubing for perfect alignment every time?

Does anyone get too much glare with the G5, or do you find the blue defines the sight ring better than a flat black peep? Has anyone actually chrono'd a G5 to see if it make a speed difference?

Has anyone lost a buck from the snap of the rubber tubing? Or does it not really make a noise? Do you get better groups without the tubing pulling on one side of the string?

THANKS YA'LL!!!!

BTW: I'm shooting a Diamond Rapture with Dropzone rest and Impact Archery Omega sight.

Default Fletcher Tru Peep

Best peep for the money. No glare at all.

Just make sure you glue your dloop to your string and your peep should come back straight evertime.
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

i change my peep to one that doesnt have the tubing. the reason i changed mine is because i was going to shoot a doe when the tubing broke came back and hit me in the eye. that is why i changed mine and i am happy with it but i do like the g5 meta peep and i am switching to it, i am going to use the g5 with 3/16 in hole

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post

Just make sure you glue your dloop to your string and your peep should come back straight evertime.
    DB's got the right idea. I use a Fletcher Tru-Peep on my Diamond Black Ice and a Li'l Duece with 3/16" aperture on my Oneida H-500. Just remember to serve them into your bowstring, you wouldn't like one to come out when you shoot. Both peeps have been great.

BWiz
    2008 Diamond Black Ice @ 65#/C.P. Oneida Extreme
    Easton Axis Carbon ST 340, Q.A.D. Ultra-Rest,
    G5 Optix SE Sight, G5 Meta Peep, Tru-Fire Excalibur II Release, NAP Thunderhead 100gr. BHs
    Great Sales and Service at www.oneidabows.net

Gotta agree here,
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

What glue do use? Epoxy, fletch tite, super glue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    elmers.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

lol not funny thats hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
    lol not funny thats hilarious
    thats what this place is missing....

man its as dead here as when i first became a member....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Default I use super glue

Quote Originally Posted by Hoyt1945 View Post
    Most any type of super glue works. Xquest is the one that showed me. I would say he won enough tournaments to know what he talking about.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

If you have you own press or are at the pro shop often, go tubeless and the fletcher gets my vote. It may take a few adjustments to get it staying put. If not, stay with the tubing. It does work.
    FBSA Member

Thanks to all for the suggestions! Will be headed to the pro shop today to get my bow set up with a new peep and loop. Maybe I'll see if they will let me look through a G5 before I buy. All the hype has me curious.

Still no word on if it makes a speed difference? Anyone tried the chrono on it?

G5 Vote for me. I had a tube style and had to draw down on a nice 8 pt at dusk. When I tried to look through the tube peep, nothing Had the G5 put on and like it very much. Great light and you can see your pins clearly in low light. As was said earlier, line the peep and the string loop up, when you draw the peep will line up automaticly. Word of warning with the super glue on your string loop, make sure you are perfectly tunned(broadhead), because the glue WORKS !

I tried the G5 peep, too much glare for me. If you can cut that shine down, it should be fine. The speed difference between a fletcher and a G5 can't be a heck of alot. It's just a peep. I love G5 broadheads, but not their peeps because of that glare.
    FBSA Member

Old Archer

Thumbs up G5 Meta Peep!

Been using it all season, since spring! no Problems..
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

ok guys do you line the peep at full draw or when the bow is at rest cause i line up the peep with the d-loop and when i draw the peep turns dont know how to keep it in line.

So I went with the G5 and LOVE IT! Took it out in the woods Saturday and felt completely confident the blue would not be mistaken for shadows any more. I'll write up a small review of what I found with the G5.

ArmyOf1, attach the release to the loop, put some tension on the string, that will tell you where the peep will be when your at full draw. No need to go to full draw to tell.

when i do that it is ok but when i get to full draw it turns

The only way it could turn would be if your string loop was slipping against the serving. Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in.