You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Halloween treat in Arkansas

Had a good hunt this morning. Conditions were great, low 30's calm and clear skies. The woods were still quite from all the rain earlier this week. I was sitting about 20-yards from the edge of a draw watching the world wake up. It's great to be a bow hunter. This season had been really slow for me. Areas that normally had lots of deer activity didn't seem to have anything this year. In the past month, I have saw a total of 5-different deer while in my stands. Slow dosen't begin to describe this season. About 7:30 this morning, this guy walked out of the draw and stood on the edge watching/looking over the flat that was behind me. After a few minutes, he finally started to walk along the edge and would cross in front of me. I gave a mouth bleat when he wsa in a clear shooting lane and put on ethrough both lungs. Not the biggest buck in the woods I'm sure, but one I am happy putting my tag on. I used a PSE Bow Madness XS set at 63-pounds. Gold Tip 55 75's with Sonic Pro 100-grain broadheads. When I shot, he dropped over the edge of the draw and started to go up the other side. He made it about half way and fell back down towards the bottom. All total, he went about 60-yards. I was able to drive about 70-yards from where he was laying, but it took me almost an hour to drag him from the bottom of the draw (steep) to where I could park. Did I mention, it's great to be a bow hunter
    Halloween treat in Arkansas - Bowhunting forum

Default Nice buck

Looks like time for dinner now.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

nice buck..feel ya on the slow part..I saw ONE deer all month..Just happened to be my 9 point
    Welcome to New Jersey..Home of where the weak are killed and eaten

Parker Spitfire bow,HHA Prong Rest,Montanna Black Gold Fiber Optics,Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows

Congrats