You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Took My Best Archery Buck to Date....

This past Thursday, I arrowed my best buck so far.

I rattled in 4 bucks Thursday, Had a decoy out for the first time. I had a buck that dwarfed this one come at the decoy, he was broadside at 25 yards, and I couldn't get a shot. He then bedded 100 yards away, for over an hour. right at dark a doe cruised through, and the bigger buck picked her up. She was bringing him right to me, but the deke spooked her. She went around the deke, and they and they passed at about 40 yards.The doe headed right to me, but the big boy charged up the hill. I heard some thrashing around, and this smaller one comes running down the hill, nose to the ground, at the doe. 8 yards, straight in front of me. I let the Wasp Boss Bullet eat!!! he went about 120 yards at a full out run.

He is a 7 pointer and weighed 170 on the gambrel. Last night when skinning him, found a puncture wound from an antler about 8 inches below my entrance wound, that pierced the chest cavity, and another on his throat that just missed the esophagus.. Both wounds looked as fresh as my arrow wound, by the clotting of the blood under the skin. Thinking the thrashing around I heard might have been the 8pt pushing him around.

After a short(125yd), but tough bloodtrail

Took My Best Archery Buck to Date.... - Bowhunting forum

RELIEF!!!

He didn't look that big! No ground shrinkage here.

Elbows Deep!

Hapiness!!!!

Vortex Optics Field Staff
    The Sportsmans Outpost, Wolcott, CT
    Algonquin Archers Inc., Woodbury CT.
    VaporTrail Archery ProStaff
    U.B.C. (United Bowhunters of Connecticut)

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

congrad !!! nice buck

Default Awesome

Nice wall hanger there for sure.

Congratulations
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Congrats on a nice buck. Great to see pictures and hear stories of exciting hunts. Thanks for sharing.

bowtecbowhunter bowtecbowhunter's Avatar

Default no kill

Quote Originally Posted by ejg View Post
    Congrats on a nice buck. Great to see pictures and hear stories of exciting hunts. Thanks for sharing.
    I've got a pretty cool story but it don't end with a kill. I'd went out to my stand about 1:30 yesterday an I'm in my leafy 3-d suit. I've got a fire lane at about 15 yards on my left and I've got a really good trail on my right at 18 yards. They both come out in a soybean field, about 20 ft. past the soybeans[ on the right side] there's a cut cornfield. I'd had squirrels all over me, I should have taken all my field points with me.I made best friends with this one squirrel. I'm only about 8' off the ground[ much more than that an I won't have any cover around me] and I had this coon playing around at the bottom of the climbing sticks for a while, I'd had possum scurry by me. My best friend[ the squirrel] has been staring at me from all different ranges. He was all over my tree, the last time I could have reached out and petted him if I'd have wanted.The last time he was about 5" away hanging up-side down on the tree, staring at me trying to figure out what I was[ like I said I was in my 3-d suit]. I would've said BOO but I'm pretty sure he would've ruined any chance I'd had at a deer. A little bit later these two does come out of the fire lane[ there's no shooting lane there] into the field. There's a tree in the way, a little bit later they spook an run over to the I'm on.The trail I'm on goes into the woods about 2 or 3 ft. an 90 degrees to the right towards me the after 2 or 3 ft. 90 degrees to the left for a perfect broadside then disappear, well they came a couple feet into the tree line then turn left [for no shot] into the woods. I'd forgotten my call in the truck felt like kicking myself, a little bit later they came back out, but stayed in the middle of the field. No shot, but hey any day in the woods is better than any day anywhere else RIGHT.
    Redneck Deerslayer

Very Nice buck.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter

Congrats! Very Nice! I'd be more than satisfied with him.
    FBSA Member

Congratulations! Great pics and story.

Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by VortexTim View Post
    Congratulations! Great pics and story.

Thanks for sharing

Back atcha Tim!!!

Thanks everyone.
    Vortex Optics Field Staff
    The Sportsmans Outpost, Wolcott, CT
    Algonquin Archers Inc., Woodbury CT.
    VaporTrail Archery ProStaff
    U.B.C. (United Bowhunters of Connecticut)