You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    Old Archer

Question Hey Fellow Michiganders!

What's Up!

Anyone seeing any sign of that special type of Deer activity that we are all waiting for! I will be listening to Wjr on the way home at 6:15am, If I don't see them chasing, I can tell by the Car/Deer crash reports, Washtenaw, Jackson, Along I-94 alley and then North along I-75 McComb, Oakland, Wayne, Hopefully nobody dies this year. I will keep you posted!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Its been very slow for us. Deer numbers in our area seem to be way down. We were close to the big EHD die off and Im afraid we lost some deer to it. Saw one small guy harassing doe's at dark last night. No shooters. Two of my best morning spots are just flat out dead. No doe traffic = no buck traffic. Mind you these are spots were I would see 5 to 10 bucks a morning chaseing doe's. This year....NOTHING!!!!!!
    I never miss, my arrows always hit something
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

I saw a 6 point get all stiff legged and run off a smaller fork horn last night, after that display he tore up a patch of ground to pee in.

It was so purty it almost brought a tear to my eye.

it's starting.....

Well a little better tonight. Had a big mutant 4 point of some sorts come in. He's a solid 2 and a half year old just no points. He got to 55 but no closer. Had several doe's and fawns in tight on me. Defiantly my best sit this season.
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

Had a fair buck come towards my mock scrape today. Before I got in the tree I put out a Montana doe decoy and hung the doe tarsal drag with estrus scent on it. He was interested, but wouldn't come out of the cover for a shot. I was able to grunt him back in for another look, but he wasn't cooperating. I couldn't count the tines, but looked to be a sizeable buck. I'll be in the swamp tomorrow morn. by 5:00 am in prime bedding area. I'll know more then.

Old Archer

Thumbs up Montana Doe!

That Deer decoy can produce some great results, three years ago a couple of buds of mine where hunting in clinton. On Rich's place, Chris put out that decoy and a little Mrs.Doe Pees on a cotton ball and just left it on the ground behind the decoy. About a hour later a nine point came out of the swamp raised his head checking the air, swung his head around saw the decoy and the game was on. The deer moved over 80yards to close within 20 yards when Chris arrowed him at 20 yards. It was amazing how he came totaly dedicated from acroos the feild and out of the swamp. Good Product!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

LaSt night the little guys were fired up. On our farm the big boys dont seem to get going until the 6th,7th,8th,9th. According to our log books these 4 days have produced the best results for us. We saw 7 bucks last night but all were year and a half old little guys. Here's a pic of a buck my buddy shot 20 miles south of us last night. Shot him at 4:30 cruising all alone! He died in the river and it took 4 of us over a hour to get him out.
    Hey Fellow Michiganders! - Bowhunting forum
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

That's what I'm talking about.....nice archery bucks for Michigan!!

Last night things slowed back down...must be the moon??? Went from crazy to quiet. I saw a few deer no horns.I sat for 7 hours.....
    FBSA STAFF GRILLER

My buddie saw a 6 and an 8 point chasing several doe's this evening. I still haven't seen any chasing, yet.

Old Archer

Default Car Doe Accident

Saw a car Doe accident this morning, hard to tell if she was being chased! She was not there when I drive thru there the eveing before. So I would say it was a early a.m. hit. She had to be at least four years old. I think its only hours away guys!

Quote Originally Posted by jdawg240 View Post
    LaSt night the little guys were fired up. On our farm the big boys dont seem to get going until the 6th,7th,8th,9th. According to our log books these 4 days have produced the best results for us. We saw 7 bucks last night but all were year and a half old little guys. Here's a pic of a buck my buddy shot 20 miles south of us last night. Shot him at 4:30 cruising all alone! He died in the river and it took 4 of us over a hour to get him out.
    Hey Fellow Michiganders! - Bowhunting forum
    Why in the world did it take you that long? They will float across the water as long as you don't field dress them!!

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

it might have ben a 15 foot drop at a 45degree angle not all the info was given. but any ways congrads to your friend and to all you mi guys good luck in your hunts

Bucks are getting goofy in the U.P. I've had bucks fighting, chasing does, and scrapes are everywhere. I'm on my way out to sit tomorrow morning.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

good luck hope you do well