You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
    hold your mouth right newmission's Avatar

Default G5 Meta Peep review

DISCLAIMER: This review is given at the soul expression of personal opinion. Though it may contain facts and product details, the choice of where you spend your dollar is completely yours.

Gain 5 fps with 35% less weight than other peeps made of aluminum with credit to the new magnesium alloy construction of the G5 Meta Peep topped with a cool clean blue paint job. Could this be a dream come true? Something other than black? And the ability to go without the rubber? A dream come true indeed!

But it comes with a cost. Compared to the Fletcher Tru-peep that goes now around $3, the G5 will run you a crisp Alexander Hamilton (a $10 bill that is). Now that may bring you to question yourself to buy one peep, or a hand full of the other guys at the same cost. This is the question I asked myself, and if I really want to "see" my peep and the blue haze that will now be outlining my peripheral vision.

When faced with the decision at the pro shop, I went for it. And was glad I did! Sure the package just jumps right off the shelf and into your wallet, along with all the enticing claims. But are they true? After a few shots through the Chronograph, I must say not. The only difference on the clock came from the size of the arrow being shot. A few grains difference in a peep compared to 80 or so in an arrow is nothing to get excited about. However the real fun was in the sight outline!

Most simple pinned sights will come outlined in a black housing, then outline that with a black peep, and take it to the woods at dusk surrounded by earthy tones of browns, ambers, and blacks. Now envision on a cloud somewhere comes this pretty blue halo to differentiate your sight ring and the peep alignment.

I found this difference to be just what I needed. The eye strain seemed to lessen, and confidence in a shot increased. Just for the record, my sight ring is clear, so black on black wasn't really the issue for me. Instead it was more having something different than everything else around me. And when in the woods hiding from a deer dressed like a tree, being different is kinda the opposite of what you're going for. But when you've spent hours calling in that buck, and that one shot needs to count, it's a difference that makes the difference.

In closing, I found the G5 well worth the money for a fixed size peep. Do other peeps still get the job done? Of course, I can't disagree with decades of use. The choice is always yours, and the spouse's if they're watching the check book.

Happy Hunting!

If it works out better for you, then that's really all that matters. It's nice have a few choices!
    FBSA Member

Glad to hear that it worked for you, I can say from experience they are very bright and plan to see when drawn.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter

i am trying the G5 as well, though i don't know how i like it yet since i have not even been able to pick up my new bow that i have had for a month. i have been out of town working for 3 weeks, but it finally looks like i will get to pick my bow up on friday then i will know how much i like the meta peep at least now i can justify not working during 2nd season at the tail end of this month...
    rytera X
    whisker biscuit rest
    cobra 4 pin
    flingin' gold tip xt hunters
    muzzy 100gr 3 blade

I have had very Good Luck with the G5 Meta peeps, but don't have any trouble with the Tru-peeps either.

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Default I tried the G5 peep

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    I have had very Good Luck with the G5 Meta peeps, but don't have any trouble with the Tru-peeps either.

Dan
    I got glare from the sun in the G5 peep. Tru Peep I dont get it!

DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

what if you run some fine sand papper through the hole will that take care of the glare

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    I got glare from the sun in the G5 peep. Tru Peep I dont get it!

DB
    I tried one a couple of years ago and found the same thing..

Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
    what if you run some fine sand papper through the hole will that take care of the glare
    You could always shoot some flat black on it. Personally I've never had the glare problem but everyone's eyes are different. Since I only hunt I set up where I am not going to shoot in the sun and if I had to I'd say it would bother me regardless of the peep I was using.

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Old Archer

Thumbs up Works Well!

And its not made overseas somewhere! Just right here in the Great Lakes State.
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

always better to by goods made in the good old US of A