You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by grizz49 View Post
    I have put together a program my wife and I are calling "Call of the Wild".
    Working with my daughters teacher at her school, I will be instructing the young people about the critters that live in our woods. I use a couple of books, my own experiences and some game calls to get kids interested in the trees, the woods and all that is wild beyond there back yard. Most of them grow up only knowing the bark of a dog, and of course there other house pets.

This all started by accident because I stoped by my daughters school on the way to a squirrel hunting trip, the children were very curious and intrested in what the teacher and I were talking about. Before I realized it I had a audience of 20 kids all wanting to make sounds with the squirrel call and here more about the outdoors.

I will be giving my first little class on the Call of the Wild next week, we thought it fitting because some of those children will have fathers and Grandpas, and Uncles that will head out for Opening Day of Firearem here in
    Michigan.

My hope that maybe it will spark an interest in hunting, the outdoors and or the shooting sports. If one child in that class becomes interested in these outdoors activities that we all love and cheerish here, Maybe thats how we help our cause, bring more people to our interests!

Grizz...Ive said once and I'll say it again....You da man!!

A man of action.

Someday we'll have to meet and I'll buy you a cold beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    It is a personal attack to make a comment like this. To tell me Im going to whine if I lose my hunting spot of ten years is not going to happen. I help guys all the time find places to hunt and know the reality of hunting.

I never find pleasure from anyone ever losing there hunting spots. I would find nothing funny about it. Bunnyman and me will never get along and he needs to stop making comments about me.

His comment

sure would be funny as hell to see the big guy here next week crying to everyone that his lease was being sold off and devided up right after this season...

Ahhhh don't be so sensitive DB that wasn't even close to a personal attack. It's not like he can reach though the computer screen or anything.

Big guy like you shouldn't be so sensative, jeezzss..........

Default Some folks

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Ahhhh don't be so sensitive DB that wasn't even close to a personal attack. It's not like he can reach though the computer screen or anything.

Big guy like you shouldn't be so sensative, jeezzss..........
    Just need to avoid each other.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    sure would be funny as hell to see the big guy here next week crying to everyone that his lease was being sold off and devided up right after this season...
    DB
    I guess he was refering to your largeness. or is it your greatness when he said "the big guy"?

Old Archer

Lightbulb Here we Go!

The original post ask what we thought or better we we think we can do to bring better change. Fighting among ourselfves is not good time spent. How can we make it better, all of you have talent, some of you are great shooters,
    some build the best looking arrows on the Planet, and still some are Great hunters and very good woodsmen. I recently have choosen to move some of my energy to get the young people in our schools, 4,5,6, year olds interested in the outdoors. Take your own built in natural resource and channel it into something very positive. Some here like my Internet Buddy have taken the disabled or returning war heroes out hunting this a great use of personeel time. And its a good and positive thing to do. I know this sport is getting screw up by the commericalism, I like Michael Wadell, I find him very intertaining. But yes some of the things they do are not all good for this sport. And if i see another brotherhood product for sale I might puke. Turn your cheek and channel your energys to positive proactive things to help us out. P.S. Many communities need floks to teach Hunter Safety!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.

Old Archer

Thumbs up P.S. Too Gator Eye!

Gator,

Cold Beer and meeting everyone, that would be a blast! I have not shot competetively since I was in grade school. Thats why I came here to this site, I'm looking to make a come back some day. Stayed tuned maybe we will see each other on Big Buck night! Good Luck! Hey thinking positive creates patients, and a Patient hunter can find rewards.
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.