You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: release for 3D

Default release for 3D

what are you using,I now shot whit this one but ineresting what koncept is bether.something like this or maybe TRU Ball tornado, sniper,stinger...
    also try with back tension and dasnt fit me.And if I will buy release like that on what must take care. [IMG]old[/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

For 3d I do use back tension which if I understood you said wasn't your thing which is understandable, alot of good shooters use wrist strap release, tension activated release, or thumb triggers. I would recommend with whatever you do get try to use back tension with it, you can use it with all these styles of release. Wrist Strap release I would recommend a tru ball, Scott, or Carter. With tru ball, maybe the sniper, or copperhead, idk. Scott I would recomend the Rhino, or a single caliber release (single or double is just a preference thing), Carter only offers a couple of this style.
    Tension Activated Releases are a Carter thing, and alot use them and are successful with them. Carter makes a new one that can double as a tension activated release or thumb trigger just by adjusting it.
    http://www.carterenterprises.com/pro...attraction.htm
    The final style would be a thumb trigger release. With these I would recommend a Stan or a tru ball. I do not know alot about the Scott Ibex so I cannot give you alot of info on them. Tru Ball, I would recommend an absolute or a ST 360.
    Which of these styles would you like better, it's a personal thing and I couldn't tell you it will just be which ever appeals to you the most.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

WCH i just purchesed the carter b k hunter from DB and i love it . i was using a rist style but i like the carter better

Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    For 3d I do use back tension which if I understood you said wasn't your thing which is understandable, alot of good shooters use wrist strap release, tension activated release, or thumb triggers. I would recommend with whatever you do get try to use back tension with it, you can use it with all these styles of release. Wrist Strap release I would recommend a tru ball, Scott, or Carter. With tru ball, maybe the sniper, or copperhead, idk. Scott I would recomend the Rhino, or a single caliber release (single or double is just a preference thing), Carter only offers a couple of this style.
    Tension Activated Releases are a Carter thing, and alot use them and are successful with them. Carter makes a new one that can double as a tension activated release or thumb trigger just by adjusting it.
    http://www.carterenterprises.com/pro...attraction.htm
    The final style would be a thumb trigger release. With these I would recommend a Stan or a tru ball. I do not know alot about the Scott Ibex so I cannot give you alot of info on them. Tru Ball, I would recommend an absolute or a ST 360.
    Which of these styles would you like better, it's a personal thing and I couldn't tell you it will just be which ever appeals to you the most.
    WILL WAIT TO HAWE CHANSE TO TRY SAME OF TRU BALL s.

Quote Originally Posted by BERKUTMAX View Post
    WILL WAIT TO HAWE CHANSE TO TRY SAME OF TRU BALL s.
    Tru Ball makes some great release, I wouldn't mind shooting them.

Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
    WCH i just purchesed the carter b k hunter from DB and i love it . i was using a rist style but i like the carter better
    I have tried, a, tru fire hurricane, tru fire 3d hunter, Scott Longhorn, Stan Shootoff, Scott wildcat, Tru Ball Absolute, and St 360. I have never got to try a carter, but if for some reason I ever do change from a pure Back Tension it will be to the Carter Attraction probably, I really like the concept of that release.

I started out with wrist straps..and then once I tried a thumbtrigger after 5 mins I was hooked, I've never shot better...I use the Carter Ember for both 3-D and hunting ....love it.

release for 3D - Beginners Archery Range
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

hunter thats a nice looking release

Glad you found a release you love, that's all that matters.