You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Can you paint plastic fletching?

Ok...I know this is going to sound goofy....but I just started target shooting with some cheepo kids arrows and I was wondering if I could paint the dayglo plastic fletching with a thin coat of spray model paint for plastic models or something.

Would this cause a weight or balance problem? I don't want to mess up my shooting, but until I can afford some cool more expensive arrows, I'd like to have some fun and customize them a little.

I know you can buy different fletchings and replace them, but I'm not sure I'm ready for THAT yet!

Actually, I'm considering painting the limbs on my bow too...I have a buckeye with white limbs and think they would look totally sweet black. I'm not even sure if I can do this or what I should use....LOL I'll probably end up with a black bow with silver sparkles or something and be laughed off the range! Oh well, I can't help it. I'm a girl and like things pretty
    Last edited by aimee98012; 11-07-2009 at 04:54 AM.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

i wouldnt recomend painting your fletchings but you can drow on them with sharpie markers. my son did it to his and it didnt make any difference. there is a post on here about painting a bow check out that post about painting you limbs

Uncle Sam's Canoe Club SandSquid's Avatar

A Sharpie marker works just fine.
    SandSquid

Gone camping in the mountains of Afghanistan.
    Will return sometime in early/mid 2012.

I wouldn't recommend painting anything. Your arrows the paint would change the weight and your fletching would change the way they fly probably. Painting the limbs on your bow would probably not work out too well either, that requires alot of steps and would probably not work out too good. Like others said you can use a sharpie or something along those lines.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter