You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default help with camo blind and idea how improve on them?

I was out over the weekend doing some bow hunting in n.y.s.
    I have a ground blind set up over a well used trail and for the last few hunts I did not see a deer or bear.
    I was out on Monday Morning in the ground blind and about 8;30 AM I hear a large blue bird behind me sound it like some one was hammering a nail into the tree,I did look to the rear and here he was beating on the tree bark:
    I must of watch him for a least 2 to 3 min: and when I turned my head back to the shooting window there is a small basket 4 pointer looking into the blind window about 13 Ft. from me.I was shock he did approch the blind on a blind spot of the corner between the windows I never heard or seen him comming.I am sitting there bow in hand and tried to lean away from the window and i started to draw the bow back NO WAY he heard my elbow scuff the rear of the blind and it was all over.The blind works outstanding too bad i did not see him comming otherwise a 5 to 6 yard shot.
    I think the better idea is not to wear camo but go with black jacket and hat also try to finda black camo net.I also made another mistake I only had one shooting down and I know they only travel down the main trail in front of the blind.The buck went back about 25 yards and loop around the side I did not have the side blind down enough for the shot.I also have another blind that I wanted to set up and take the other blind down but got lazy and I paid for it.The other blind has a larger inside set up 77" square compared to the 65 " that I had on the trail.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

the plastic screen you use on house windows works pretty good just make sure its not metal.

I kep that in mind

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

also you can use the netting from wallmart that they sell as portable blinds