You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default passed on 6 1/2 deer tonight

So I was running a bit late getting out of work, so i decided to hunt this field on the other side of the woods..I get into the woods and set by 330, mind you im standing next to a small pine tree in my 3d suit, no treestand or anything to sit on. Well, after about 10 mins on kneeling, I couldnt take it so I stood up. Next thing I know there was 2 deer to my left comming out of the weeds.I ranged the biggest one at 22 yards, hoping for a buck but no luck. They ate and wandered around for a bit, and the little one must have been a button buck, because it kept rearing up on its legs behind the big doe, and smacking her in the hind quarters(tenderizing..lol)..They wandered in front of me(10 yards) and over to my right. If I would have picked my bow up and swung to the right, I probably could have hit her in the nose. They never spooked or saw me(Im a firm believer in the 3d suit now more then ever), While im standing no more then 7 yards from this big doe, were looking eye to eye and shes not spooked at all. Me on the other hand, is about to drop a load in my pants because I dont know if she can smell the doe pee I had spilled in my pack, which was open, on the ground next to me, earlier last month, and wondering if shes going to attack. She stomped the ground a couple of times, and her and the little button buck walked up the open hill. I blew at her, and she stopped and looked at me, and walked away casually. I decided to stay another 1/2 hr, and saw another 4 deer on that hill, none in bow range, and all does. On the way out, i have to climb up a small hill throu some tall cat tail looking things, and I could hear one rustaling around in there also, so thats the 1/2. I have NEVER been so close to a live deer before, and it was a wild experience with none of them being able to wind me. I believe im doing good for scent controll now also.(sprinkle baking soda on the clothes, and spray with scent killer).

What a night to have a camera
    Welcome to New Jersey..Home of where the weak are killed and eaten

Parker Spitfire bow,HHA Prong Rest,Montanna Black Gold Fiber Optics,Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

cool story wish it was on vidio that would have ben awsome to see

If i could find my dang cable, I may bring my camera out next week and try it again
    Welcome to New Jersey..Home of where the weak are killed and eaten

Parker Spitfire bow,HHA Prong Rest,Montanna Black Gold Fiber Optics,Cabelas Carbon Hunter Arrows