You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default attention indoor target shooters

I was shooting at the local bow shop against the empoyees. I was shooting vegas targets and scored a 276 out of 300. I d on't compete indoor and I shoot field for fun I was just curious if that score was good or even competitive. I have only been shoot a year so I just wanted to know where I stood with everyone else. Thanks

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    I was shooting at the local bow shop against the empoyees. I was shooting vegas targets and scored a 276 out of 300. I d on't compete indoor and I shoot field for fun I was just curious if that score was good or even competitive. I have only been shoot a year so I just wanted to know where I stood with everyone else. Thanks
    its damn good, especially considering you don't shoot spots! A little more work and you'll be shooting 300's!
    No I'm not dead

thats good. dont stop now. keep shooting and dont worry if your score drops some the next time, that happens some times. if you can add a few points each time good. from about 290-300 was the hard one for me

I am sure you guys can all relate. I refer to the problem as the gymnastics finsh. CREEP, PUNCH, THEN RAISE YOUR BOW HAND. If I can quit punching the relase I'll be doing great. I developed a bad habit of drive by shooting.

Thumbs up Drive by shooting

I can relate to this, as thats how I've done it for thirty years. Started shooting indoors this summer and really been working on the hold dead on and squeeze method. Starting to come around, but I got a lotta work to do. Shooting in the upper 90's now, but I can't get over the 300 hump. Don't really care that much as long as I'm having fun. The inddoor thing is sure improving all aspects of my shooting, so stay after it. Good luck!
    Doc
    PSE XXXX Force,
    X-Force 7
    Moneymaker NI