You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: lighted nocks

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

Default lighted nocks

ok i have ben looking at the different lighted nocks for my gold tip expedition hunter 5575 arrows . i would like your guys opinion on wich brand is the best to invest in . i would also like to hear your input on them and your likes and dislikes about them the more info i can get the better that way i will be well educated before i invest a lot of money in them

I shoot lumenoks, tracers look nice but if the lumenoks are fitted properly they will last a long time and you won't have any issues with them. Only thing I have noticed is after a couple seasons worth of shooting through deer and reusing nock/arrows the wires dent the end of the arrow shaft but it doesn't affect fuction or flight! Might try the tracers someday but not until I run out of my current stock of lumenoks... Batteries are easily replaced on the lumenoks as well.
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

I think they are a great idea with poor engineering.. What you gain in visiblity... you lose in FOC unless you move up in spine and add weight forward to counteract the weight of the nock..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

For hunting purposes when knowing exactly where you hit is the key I will take the FOC/Vision trade off... I also think lumenoks help in tuning your bow, some irregularities of your arrow in flight can be difficult or impossible to see without a lighted nock...
    Hoyt Trykon-390 gr.@280fps.
    Truglo Tool-less / 5-.019" pins
    WB/Double STS/S-Coil Stab./CSS Tunerz
    5575 GT XT Hunters/G5 Tekan-II/Tru-Ball Copperhead

Quote Originally Posted by tnts79 View Post
    For hunting purposes when knowing exactly where you hit is the key I will take the FOC/Vision trade off... I also think lumenoks help in tuning your bow, some irregularities of your arrow in flight can be difficult or impossible to see without a lighted nock...
    Not me... I know where my arrow went and never, never look at it in flight.. best way to miss is to take your eye off the target.. The only use I'd have for a lighted nock is to find it in the dark...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

whooo slow down guys just looking for some pro and cons to wich brand is better or worse to use . im not going to use them for hunting but i will for target shooting . and Javi i agree dont take your eyes off the target , thats always ben my moato also i can find the arrow later

Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
    whooo slow down guys just looking for some pro and cons to wich brand is better or worse to use . im not going to use them for hunting but i will for target shooting . and Javi i agree dont take your eyes off the target , thats always ben my moato also i can find the arrow later
    Ok... I'll shutup... Although I got no idea why anyone would use one for target archery... after you've shot the arrow there ain't a single thing you can do about it...
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Javi you dont have to shut up ,i respect your opinion and welcome it . the only reason i would use it for target is so after the shot i can see it on the target , i have bad eyes and i cant see where my arrows have hit the target

The Firenock is probably the best. I don't want to pay $20 for a nock so I make them for myself. If you want to get some reviews on the different lighted nocks go to archerytalk and do a search. You will get all the reviews that you can stand. If you want to make some lighted nocks get the plans from revoarcher on AT. You can make one for about $5 and they will work every shot or the ones I made have.

I think thier great for practice and tuning. I dont like them in the field. Ive seen and had too many animals jump my string and I think that glow doesnt help that situation. But once again I think thier great for watching arrow flight during tuning. It real easy to see if an arrow is fishtailing or diving.
    HTML Code:
    www.archeryguru.blogspot.com

I use a bobber light and make my own for about $4.00. They weigh about 13 grains, and I have not seen any concern with the small loss in FOC.
    www.livingstongunclub.org
    www.jimposten.com for the finest stabilizers in the world
    www.meanvarchery.com Custom String Suppression for that shot of a lifetime
    Add some custom bling with a www.slingbraid.com