You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Arrows ????????

Default Arrows ????????

PLEASE can someone offer advice. Looking for suitable aluminium arrows for a 55lb 60" recurve. I have looked at the charts and am totally confused. I will be practising on indoor targets but then want to move outdoor onto 3D field targets.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

i prefer carbons so i am no use to you sry

Default Carbons?

How do the two compare? Are carbon much more expensive? Is it better to spend more for outdoor as a starter? I would expect to lose some.

JBK BOWSTRINS,DCAP staff armyof1's Avatar

i like carbons for there durability , yes they can be more expensive check out the gold tip ultralight arrows at fs discount archery thay are like 50 bucks a dozen

Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
    i like carbons for there durability , yes they can be more expensive check out the gold tip ultralight arrows at fs discount archery thay are like 50 bucks a dozen
    That is a good deal on ultralight arrows, for indoor shooting though I would recommend something bigger. I would prefer carbon to aluminum as well so I cannot help you with aluminum but for indoor shooting, I would recommend some Easton Fatboys, Gold Tip Series 22, Gold Tip Triple X's, Gold Tip 30X's.
    With the gold tips you can not buy the pro series of shafts and get a good price on some good arrows. Depending on your draw length you would cut most if any wobble out of your arrows and end up with some extremely straight shafts at a good price.
    Mountain Outdoors Shooter

bowtecbowhunter bowtecbowhunter's Avatar

Default charts

Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    That is a good deal on ultralight arrows, for indoor shooting though I would recommend something bigger. I would prefer carbon to aluminum as well so I cannot help you with aluminum but for indoor shooting, I would recommend some Easton Fatboys, Gold Tip Series 22, Gold Tip Triple X's, Gold Tip 30X's.
    With the gold tips you can not buy the pro series of shafts and get a good price on some good arrows. Depending on your draw length you would cut most if any wobble out of your arrows and end up with some extremely straight shafts at a good price.
    hope this helps.[IMG]Arrows ???????? - Beginners Archery Range [/IMG]
    Redneck Deerslayer

Old Archer

Thumbs up Carbon vs. Aluminum

To keep it simple, Carbons are either straight or they are broke, you can have many other varibles with aluminum shafts!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.