You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Meat in the freezer

Well I got some meat for the freezer last friday night. I shot a doe in the apples about 20 yards out. Last year I had my first dry year in about 8 years so I wanted to get my first deer out of the way. Now I can really hunt. The Saterday after I hit a 5 point. I was about 25-30 ft in the air and he was 30 yards down hill from me with 2 doe. Well I let one fly and forgot to take in account for being so far above him. When I seen the arrow hit my heart sank. I hit him high in the back and away he went. I looked for him most of the day on sunday but with no luck. Thats about the only bad thing about hunting. Hope the rest of you are having some luck!!!

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ridgewalker243 View Post
    Well I got some meat for the freezer last friday night. I shot a doe in the apples about 20 yards out. Last year I had my first dry year in about 8 years so I wanted to get my first deer out of the way. Now I can really hunt. The Saterday after I hit a 5 point. I was about 25-30 ft in the air and he was 30 yards down hill from me with 2 doe. Well I let one fly and forgot to take in account for being so far above him. When I seen the arrow hit my heart sank. I hit him high in the back and away he went. I looked for him most of the day on sunday but with no luck. Thats about the only bad thing about hunting. Hope the rest of you are having some luck!!!
    what exactly are "the apples" on a doe? I would assume you meant the "nuts" on a buck but I'm confused...
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    what exactly are "the apples" on a doe? I would assume you meant the "nuts" on a buck but I'm confused...
    thats a little on the rough side......but funny as heck.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Maybe He hit her in the "HOOTERS"

hit her in the hooters

hey when did you change your location???

Default apples

I had my stand in next to some apple trees for you poeple who have nothing else in there life other than to pick apart what other people say.

Site Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ridgewalker243 View Post
    I had my stand in next to some apple trees for you poeple who have nothing else in there life other than to pick apart what other people say.
    relax just jokin with ya. no need to get pissy
    No I'm not dead

I actually thought you would understand the humor in which dredly was useing but I guess some people still dont know how to enjoy a laugh even at their expense.....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    I actually thought you would understand the humor in which dredly was useing but I guess some people still dont know how to enjoy a laugh even at their expense.....
    Humor? Let me know when the humor will start?

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    hey when did you change your location???
    The other day when we were talking about it.

Hey Ridgewalker, we're just foolin' around. I knew what you meant.

Thats cool!! I got 2 does this year out of my stand, Got tired of waiting for the chance at 2 big bucks and had to fill some tags as bow season is over now, They were both 30 yard shots, one went about 27 yards and fell over and the second went 12, i was impressed! Im bummed cause i didnt get my elk with my bow this year, goin to have to go shoot the thunderstick this weekend and try with that i guess, got the brass in the tumbler tonight..... so will see what happens, got a 500 yard range vrs a 70, but its still meat for the freezer right!!!!

70 yrd range w/the bow??? I am saying so everyone can hear me....I aint that good.....sure on targets I can hammer them in there but on a living, breathing, MOVING animal......no way......

I spend alot of time tuning my heads and shooting far yardages, im verry confident in my hunting, if the animal is offering a good shot, and not looking at me, 70, 80 yard shot on a elk is verry doable. Shot my bull last year at 72 and my whitetail buck at 53. all depends on the situation, ive allso passed up alot of 40 50 yard shots. I had a white tail doe this year, jump the string on me and hit her right below the spine, was a 12 yard shot, and she was looking right at me.... couldnt beleive she moved that much at 12 yards.... so now i wont shoot at anything looking in my direction.....