You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Destroyer 350 Demo bow just arrived

I just got a Destroyer 350. I'll post more when I get some time to shoot it. But here's some details.

29", 69.5# 426gr arrow, 306fps. BC said 340 fps at 29".
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

A little more info. This bow is a shooter. I just pounded the snot of the X ring at 20 yards with this bow.

This is the first bow I have ever shot that had my string, rest/arrow perfectly in line with my sight pins. Usually my sight pins are just slightly left of the arrow/string alignment.

I fired the bow out of the hooter shooter and it hit just low of when I shot it. My bows usually shoot low and right out of the hooter shooter and this is common for most of my customers. This bow was perfect left to right and just a touch low. Again, never seen this out of one of my bows.

There is something to the FLX roller keeping the bow straighter.

The draw is nothing like the 82nd airborne. It pulls easier. It does not draw like a speed bow.

Fit and Finish is excellent. The new limb pocket design is very well thought out and will maintain perfect alignment between the riser, limbs and pockets.

I'll be doing more testing and will post my findings.

Thanks for getting my log in set up Chris!! I'm anxious to read your thoughts on the Destroyer

I've got a lot more testing to do but did some shooting tonight. It's really not setup as an indoor but but that's what I was doing with it.

Shooting Axis 340 shafts at 65#, arrow weighs 426. This thing just pounds the X ring. Guys were watching me shooting it and could not believe how fast the arrow would get there and watched arrow after arrow go right into the X.

Default What's retail?

Anybody know?

Sounds like you found your new spot bow.

But more importantly

Wheres the PICS!!

just cause you own this site doesn't give you special privliages
    Last edited by Gator eye; 11-25-2009 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MTColl28734 View Post
    Anybody know?
    $949.00...........
    Extreme Strings Staff......www.extremebowstrings.com

Ok, here's some more info for you. I know there were guys that had trouble tuning some Bowtechs last year. So I decided to put this bow through some paper tune testing.

I removed the whisker biscuit because some say it hide some tuning issue. I installed a TripWire drop away on the bow.

I set the center shot at 13/16 from the inside of the riser and leveled up the arrow. This puts the arrow right down the center on my 350. Walked out and shot a perfect hole with it, NO ADJUSTMENTS at all. Not just a good hole, a perfect hole.

Disclaimer, I have already adjusted the timing to make sure it was perfect and adjusted for any cam lean on the bow. The Bowtech factory actually had a few too many twists in the yoke and the cam was leaning slightly at full draw. I adjusted and re-timed the cams so they are perfect.

Ok... speed. The bow was a 1/2" long of draw from the factory. I dropped it to the 28.5" and it measured 29". The bow was set at 70# and I shot a 350 gr arrow at 333 with a loop and peep in the bow. The draw length was checked using a draw check arrow and hooter shooter to make sure it was right.

Again, this bow shoots incredibly well. I have never even considered a 6" brace height bow for anything. I always wanted more "forgiving". That said, this bow shoots lights out. You can bet I will be setting the 350 up for 3D this spring. For now, it's going to get setup for hunting and see if I can drop a deer with it.

Way to go Bowtech.
    Last edited by Chris; 11-25-2009 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ok, here's some more info for you. I know there were guys that had trouble tuning some Bowtechs last year. So I decided to put this bow through some paper tune testing.

I removed the whisker biscuit because some say it hide some tuning issue. I installed a TripWire drop away on the bow.

I set the center shot at 13/16 from the inside of the riser and leveled up the arrow. This puts the arrow right down the center on my 350. Walked out and shot a perfect hole with it, NO ADJUSTMENTS at all. Not just a good hole, a perfect hole.

Disclaimer, I have already adjusted the timing to make sure it was perfect and adjusted for any cam lean on the bow. The Bowtech factory actually had a few too many twists in the yoke and the cam was leaning slightly at full draw. I adjusted and re-timed the cams so they are perfect.

Ok... speed. The bow was a 1/2" long of draw from the factory. I dropped it to the 28.5" and it measured 29". The bow was set at 70# and I shot a 350 gr arrow at 333 with a loop and peep in the bow. The draw length was checked using a draw check arrow and hooter shooter to make sure it was right.

Again, this bow shoots incredibly well. I have never even considered a 6" brace height bow for anything. I always wanted more "forgiving". That said, this bow shoots lights out. You can bet I will be setting the 350 up for 3D this spring. For now, it's going to get setup for hunting and see if I can drop a deer with it.
    Way to go Bowtech.
    So does this mean the demo 350 will be missing from the shop till orders arrive??
    Be good or be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed View Post
    So does this mean the demo 350 will be missing from the shop till orders arrive??
    No, I'll make sure it's there for people to shoot but it needs a good field test.

Chris,
    Your opinion mirrors mine from shooting the 350 yesterday!

It really is an Awesome Bow!

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by MeanV2 View Post
    Chris,
    Your opinion mirrors mine from shooting the 350 yesterday!

It really is an Awesome Bow!

Dan
    No good without pics
    Bowtech Bows, Goldtip, B-Stinger, Trophy Taker, Tru Ball, Axcel
    Whistling Wings Guide Service
    Bad Boys Bowfishing