You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Need a pair of Binocular

Need a pair of Binoculars for shooting 3D ?"HELP"

all depends on how much you want to spend.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I just spoke to my brother, he likes the Vortex Line.Bowman your anwser is $200.00-$300.00

you know its funny, I would spend 300 on a scope if it were nice but to spend that much on binos.....i just dont see myself doing it....so maybe someone who would can help you....

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    you know its funny, I would spend 300 on a scope if it were nice but to spend that much on binos.....i just dont see myself doing it
    You're right about that. I have a pair of Bushnell Legacy's 8X40 that I paid $45 for and they are great for 3D. My buddy uses a $400 pair of Nikon's (8X30 I think?) and he can't see any thing I can't at 60 yrds. Now if your looking to glass Elk or Mulies in the wide open spaces buy a good pair of bino's. I do stay away from the $20 variety though. IMHO .

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    You're right about that. I have a pair of Bushnell Legacy's 8X40 that I paid $45 for and they are great for 3D. My buddy uses a $400 pair of Nikon's (8X30 I think?) and he can't see any thing I can't at 60 yrds. Now if your looking to glass Elk or Mulies in the wide open spaces buy a good pair of bino's. I do stay away from the $20 variety though. IMHO .
    I have had the opposite experience. I was using some cheap Bushnell model. I was not happy so I bought some Vortex Sidewinders based upon what I read on some forums. The Vortex cost almost $200. They are worth the money. They are much lighter. They work well in dim lighting that I could not see in with the Bushnells. They can focus perfectly at the 20 ft bird target. The Bushnells could sort of focus at the 35 ft stake. The Vortex is lighter and waterproof. It is also easier to hold them steady and view with one hand. I tried the cheap route and it was not good for me.
    Ed R

I use a basic 45-50 dollar pair of bushnells and i dont see the reason in spending 200-300 on a pair. if i lose them or break them they are inexpensive to replace.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

Quote Originally Posted by erasmu View Post
    I have had the opposite experience. I was using some cheap Bushnell model. I was not happy so I bought some Vortex Sidewinders based upon what I read on some forums. The Vortex cost almost $200. They are worth the money. They are much lighter. They work well in dim lighting that I could not see in with the Bushnells. They can focus perfectly at the 20 ft bird target. The Bushnells could sort of focus at the 35 ft stake. The Vortex is lighter and waterproof. It is also easier to hold them steady and view with one hand. I tried the cheap route and it was not good for me.
    The only complaint I have is the overall size of my Bushnells. They are alittle larger than I'd like, but they work flawlessly and I have not had a focus problem.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow View Post
    The only complaint I have is the overall size of my Bushnells. They are alittle larger than I'd like, but they work flawlessly and I have not had a focus problem.
    I think the focus problem has to do as much w/ your eyes as it does with the binos.....think about it....ever had someone hand you there binos to look through......is it ever perfect.....

some,and I'm not saying all will buy the expensive bino because the focus wheel has less or no slop in it. they can focus on the target and mark the focus wheel for the different yards. these are the ones that want to win but not practice. they are also the ones that use the plus two pencil. you shoot a eight it writes down a ten. the only way to beat these guys is to shoot with them. most times their score will go down.

Bi (two), Ocular (eyes)

Binocular (one pair)

Binoculars (plural)

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Bi (two), Ocular (eyes)

Binocular (one pair)

Binoculars (plural)
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by longcut36 View Post
    they are also the ones that use the plus two pencil. you shoot a eight it writes down a ten.
    Where can I get one of those pencils, and how much does something like that go for? It doesn't matter, money is no object if it will improve my scores!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    what?
    I figure as long as this forum is for bashing and picking on people I'd lend a hand. MY remark about binocular is one of them.

Everybody asks about what binocular"S" to get or they want to get a "pair" of binoculars.

Well binocular is the correct term for ONE set, not binocular"S". Binocular means by definition "two eyes". Binocular"S", with an S is plural, meaning more than two, so a pair of binoculars would mean two sets or for four eyes.

So using correct grammatical English a person asks about the best binocular unless he is planning on buying more than one.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    I figure as long as this forum is for bashing and picking on people I'd lend a hand. MY remark about binocular is one of them.

Everybody asks about what binocular"S" to get or they want to get a "pair" of binoculars.

Well binocular is the correct term for ONE set, not binocular"S". Binocular means by definition "two eyes". Binocular"S", with an S is plural, meaning more than two, so a pair of binoculars would mean two sets or for four eyes.

So using correct grammatical English a person asks about the best binocular unless he is planning on buying more than one.

gotcha.....

If you're wanting to stay around $300, check out the Nikon Monarch ATB's. I have a pair in 8x32 and they are a great binocular for the money.

Smile I bought a pair of Celestron Outland Lx's -- Wow!!!

I just bought a new pair of Celestron Binoculars - Wow!!!!!

If you are like me and shoot many 3D tournaments, hunt, fish, and use your binoculars relentlessly in all weather conditions, you probably have 2 or 3 different brands.

I just ordered a new pair of Celestron Outland LX's from www.Stringslinger.com

http://www.stringslinger.com/71105.html

for the money, they are hard to beat.

I am also a professional photographer with over 28 years experience. I pay close attention to build and clarity and I have used Nikon, and I rate the Nikon Monarchs very high, of Course if you have deep pockets, the 1700.00 pairs are nice. I understand and have studied Vortex to be an up and comming binocular as well.

But the LX version of these Celestron's may be the best buy for the money I have ever seen! I have tried them out and they are well built and very sharp.

My guess is they are made in China in one of those new tooled factory's that are designed to build a quality product for a price no one can touch!

For all of my 3d buddies!

Regards
    Dennis

Check out the Vortex Sidewinders like erasmu said. I've used cheaper binoculars for years and my eyes are getting a little worse than they used to be, but the 10X42 sidewinder are bright, clear, light, and you can't beat the warranty. Lifetime no matter what happens to them.