You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: Elite Aigil XL

Default Elite Aigil XL

Here is my Frankenbow Elite. XXL riser with a Aigil cam and idler wheel for a 32" dl solo style indoor bow. 72.3 lbs draw weight shoots a 410 gr arrow at 315 fps. Super smooth and all I could as for, very stable shooting platform with great speed.

Elite Aigil XL - General Archery Forum

Thank you for the best set of pictures of a bow that I have seen in a while. Up close and in focus. You have a very clean Frankenbow. I like the scope. Is it a Copper John? I bet the only thing you hear after the shot is the sound of the arrow hitting the target.

Again that is a very nice bow. Makes one want to re- think his plans. I feel like a kid in a candy store when I see other peoples bow set ups.
    Bowmen Accu-Riser I, 53 lbs draw 27 inch draw length, Tru Ball Axcel 3000 sight and Cascade #10 release, Trophy Taker Lizard Tongue rest, Posten Fat Max Stabilization, Easton arrows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdyman View Post
    Thank you for the best set of pictures of a bow that I have seen in a while. Up close and in focus. You have a very clean Frankenbow. I like the scope. Is it a Copper John? I bet the only thing you hear after the shot is the sound of the arrow hitting the target.

Again that is a very nice bow. Makes one want to re- think his plans. I feel like a kid in a candy store when I see other peoples bow set ups.
    Scope is a Extreme that I have modified, soon I will strip it and polish it like I did the rest and Sure Loc. I modified the sight so the Extreme has a bigger bubble level inside which is a 3/8" level instead of the little one that comes in the Extreme from the factory. On the bow I like to many different things to be happy with just one type that most manu's offer in their line ups each year so I have to change things around to get them out to 32". I have one that shoots faster then most production bows out right now. There is a slight noise right now but I do not have anything on the limbs yet once I get the limbsaver quads on it it should be silent. The sight is one that was black that I stripped and polished by hand along with the rest and the STS. Then I will wend them out to have some anodizing done to them in clear and some little amounts of color.

Default Awesome

Thats one fine looking bow. Great speed especially for a one cam bow.

You did good for sure on that bow.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

You have put a lot of love into that bow for sure. I say again that is a great bow.

Just tonight I was thinking of getting the Axcel 12 inch site with the Copper John Maxxis scope and adding the Swarovski Optics. That would be a nice little sight for the Tomkat until I can upgrade to a real target bow. I wonder who I can send the TK to to have it dipped. How about a nice gun metal finish with a little flake (Hunter Green).
    Bowmen Accu-Riser I, 53 lbs draw 27 inch draw length, Tru Ball Axcel 3000 sight and Cascade #10 release, Trophy Taker Lizard Tongue rest, Posten Fat Max Stabilization, Easton arrows.

It all makes sense now. If you owned a 72 Beatle I bet you put in a Gene Berg short throw shifter, Put luvers in the rear deck lid that was attached to the vehicle with an of set kit. The engine was bored out to have 1835 cc's with either Webber or Delorto carbs. I had Kadron single stacks on my 1835. the rear quarter panel windows had palm trees etched in them..............Wow its all comming back to me now. The 70 bug, the 70 Karmen Gia convertable, and the 73 914 porcshe.

I am sorry for the loss of control.

That is a very nice bow. Enjoy.

It all makes sense now. If you owned a 72 Beatle I bet you put in a Gene Berg short throw shifter, Put luvers in the rear deck lid that was attached to the vehicle with an of set kit. The engine was bored out to have 1835 cc's with either Webber or Delorto carbs. I had Kadron single stacks on my 1835. the rear quarter panel windows had palm trees etched in them..............Wow its all comming back to me now. The 70 bug, the 70 Karmen Gia convertable, and the 73 914 porcshe.

I am sorry for the loss of control.

That is a very nice bow. Enjoy.
    Its a 72 Standard Beetle it has a 1910 cc with dual webbers no lovers but thinking about chopping the top. Lookin for a early 60's double cab for my next one. I drive mine daily and get some really strange looks getting out of it a 6'7". Oh yeah I do have the short throw.

I knew it. I just knew it. Is it slammed in the weeds? "No speed bump in the world will survive this ride"

I currently drive a 2000 Turbo New Beatle. It snowed up here in Baltimore. I am glad I have heat in this Bug. No modifications yet but after I get another vehicle watch out. The inside will be Billet and leather as far as the eye can see. And I want palm trees etched in the rear side windows like my old bug.

I truley did not mean to jack this thread but it would be nice if you can put a rag top in after you chop it.
    Last edited by Sturdyman; 12-06-2009 at 01:22 AM.

I knew it. I just knew it. Is it slammed in the weeds? "No speed bump in the world will survive this ride"

I currently drive a 2000 Turbo New Beatle. It snowed up here in Baltimore. I am glad I have heat in this Bug. No modifications yet but after I get another vehicle watch out. The inside will be Billet and leather as far as the eye can see. And I want palm trees etched in the rear side windows like my old bug.

I truley did not mean to jack this thread but it would be nice if you can put a rag top in after you chop it.

Half rag slider is what is planned, not sure if I am going to rod it out by pushing the front end out 9" farther and removing the fenders or not yet, I am going to put air ride on it later. If it were a 69 or older bug I would not chop it but there are a ton of the 72's around so I do not feel as bad. Plus it will let me fix some crap the other owner had done to it.

That sounds great. Last nite all I could dream about was.....bosch 009 distributer, blue coil, lightened fly wheel, 1700 lbs pressure plate, heavy duty clutch , .014 heads with high lift rockers, plenty of chrome on the engine including a luvered chrome fire wall, eight spoke empi mags, etc,etc,etc............