You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: All day....

Default All day....

how many people can sit in their stands all day???? How do you do it??? I can not sit past 10-10:30.....I try to get back in the stand by 2:00.....I just cant sit that long....
    I cut things up and split them down!

Quote Originally Posted by BOWMAN View Post
    how many people can sit in their stands all day???? How do you do it??? I can not sit past 10-10:30.....I try to get back in the stand by 2:00.....I just cant sit that long....
    I can't do it all the time, but I try. Today I lasted until noon. I got a cramp in my back and had to walk it out. But most days I can stay dawn to dusk. I bring a book with me to keep from getting bored . Take along something you can eat easily w/ one hand (because the minute both hands are busy you'll need 'em). Don't eat until later in the day and try not to drink alot. I used to get down around 10, and go back up at 1 or 2. Then one day I stuck it out and around 11:30 this big 8 came by. I couldn't get a shot, but I wouldn't have had the chance if I wasn't there.

Talking

bowman I'm about like you.I'm 70 years old and if i stay past 10-10:30 some one would have to pry me out of the stand. also bring me some dry pants. I'm not complaining, you have two choices grow old are die young

my problem is staying commited to one spot.....I always think there is a better tree over there, where the deer are more active.....and i have shot plenty of deer at 12:00 when I have stayed in the stand.....but just cant seem to do it more than 2-3 times a year....
    I cut things up and split them down!

I dont hunt in the mornings, so im only in mine for about 2 hours in the eve. Killed 2 nice does this year, but the 2 big bucks just didnt quiet come in close enough, or didnt give a what i thought was a clean shot, saw 1 of the 2 almost every night, and both several nights.......boooo..

Site Guru

I normally get in around 6:00 or so and leave around 10:30 - 11 then go back in around 1 or 2 and change spots.
    No I'm not dead