You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Thread: venting (long)

Hybrid View

Angry venting (long)

okay, i have taken the 15 year old neighbor boy under my wing since his dad has done some pretty rotten stuff to him and he told his dad he never wants to see him again. (parents divorced).
    i have tried to be the best role model i could be for him. taken him hunting and fishing and doing everything i could with him. he really likes the outdoors,even if its just sitting around a fire talking.
    his mom is alot a bit weird. he is very sheltered. he has no friends beside me. but anyways his mom constantly complains about spending 10,000 a year for him to go to private school. and calls him a dumb pretty much every day and wonders why he does bad in school. its not that he does bad, he gets at least c's evey once in a while he will get a d.
    she wants him at home every day, hince the no friends part. and she makes him do everything she does. she treats him like hes 4, she wont hardly let him outside anymore. he also has to visit he aunt and uncle every other day and sit around and watch girly tv shows. and since he cant go outside or do alot of hunting and fishing he is a bit big and his mom also tells him he is fat.

i dont know what all you guys were doing at 15 but when i was that age i had tons of friends and went hunting and fishing every chance i got. enjoying my adolescence every chance i got. unlike most of us he is stuck inside doing nothing but sitting around watching tv and playing with his guitars.

another part is that he has this huge opurtunity to hunt on private land with a guide and take his first deer tomarrow. the private land and guide is one of our 3D members, and his mom doesnt want him to go. also he attended his hunter education class today and passed his test with 100%. this boy deserves alot more than what he gets from his mom.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Talking Here's what I think !

I try to stay out of others kid's lives as I feel it is the parents doing the upbringing as they get what they raise ,has always been my thinking .

To tell you the truth ,you are really a great person for doing what you are doing and I for one hope this doesn't backfire in your face !

I've raised three children ,all married and now have eight grandchildren (may be more yet to come ) and they are what matters to me as my family takes care of our own .

PS. Wish you well !

He is not your kid.

yeah man he is not yours. but that does not mean he should be abused! calling your kid dumb ass or telling them they are fat is not healthy and tells me the mom is garbage plain and simple. take the kid every chance you can and continue to be a good role model. maybe you can have him go walkin or lift a little weight after the season to "help you" get in shape? either way sounds like the boy needs somebody to talk to. hope it works out well. jason
    08 DIAMOND MARQUIS 70# 29" / TROPHY TAKER EXTREME / COBRA SIDEWINDER 5 PIN / 340 mfx team realtree /

yes i know he is not my kid. and that is real helpfull in my attitude. you know if every one thought like that then the world would turn to . aint mine anint my problem type of thinking alot of people have these days. no one wants to make a difference anymore. lets just have a bunch of drug dealing gangbangers running around. . yes he does need someone to talk to and he cant really talk to his family.
    GT500 27.5/65= 284
    GT XT Hunter 7595
    Slick Trick 100gr Mags
    CBE Tek Hunter with Viper target and 3x lens
    Trophy Taker Pronghorn

Blessed and Forgiven bowhunterj's Avatar

It is up to us to uplift our fellow man. and in this as many situations. i think of paul in the books of Acts and in I and II Corinthians. We should walk as Christ did, as hard as it is to do......................What Would JESUS Do
    Faithful Servant of the Lord God
    Diamond Black Ice T.R.U. Ball release
    Rockin the target for Christ!!!

Good thing you are doing there gamoboy A lot of youngsters, and I mean a lot, need a positive role model in thier lives.
    2008 Elite XXL 29 3/4" 70lbs- G1 Camo
    2008.5 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 60lbs- Ninja
    2009 Elite XLR 29 3/4" 65lbs- Metallic Red
    2009 Elite GT500 w/ Cuda Cams 25" 47lbs- Pink Ninja

in Dixie Home of the Brave and land of the Free

Quote Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
    okay, i have taken the 15 year old neighbor boy under my wing since his dad has done some pretty rotten stuff to him and he told his dad he never wants to see him again. (parents divorced).
    i have tried to be the best role model i could be for him. taken him hunting and fishing and doing everything i could with him. he really likes the outdoors,even if its just sitting around a fire talking.
    his mom is alot a bit weird. he is very sheltered. he has no friends beside me. but anyways his mom constantly complains about spending 10,000 a year for him to go to private school. and calls him a dumb pretty much every day and wonders why he does bad in school. its not that he does bad, he gets at least c's Evey once in a while he will get a d.
    she wants him at home every day, hence the no friends part. and she makes him do everything she does. she treats him like hes 4, she wont hardly let him outside anymore. he also has to visit he aunt and uncle every other day and sit around and watch girly tv shows. and since he cant go outside or do alot of hunting and fishing he is a bit big and his mom also tells him he is fat.

i dont know what all you guys were doing at 15 but when i was that age i had tons of friends and went hunting and fishing every chance i got. enjoying my adolescence every chance i got. unlike most of us he is stuck inside doing nothing but sitting around watching tv and playing with his guitars.

another part is that he has this huge opportunity to hunt on private land with a guide and take his first deer tomorrow. the private land and guide is one of our 3D members, and his mom doesnt want him to go. also he attended his hunter education class today and passed his test with 100%. this boy deserves alot more than what he gets from his mom.
    Being a pastor I think you will find when we try to enlighten on subjects that thier little one is an angle and to but out
    Hopefully she will be persuaded
    I admire you for your helping this kid out
    I did the same and the fellar grown now has ripped me of 4 times
    he is now in jail
    stole his Gma's checkbook and wrote some checks
    this one got him 7 to 10
    we have had peace now for 6 months

Switchback xt BYC LOOP- SHOOT NOW56# 385gr 2312 Eclipse 100gr Muzzy 256fps SEPTER RANGER STRINGS, 4th axis,335 jammers @ 61# =285 fps

Default Gamoboy

Believe it or not your making a big impact in this kids life.

What your doing today is rare and not many see what I saw when you guys came hunting.

Guz is quiet and often that from low self esteem. He needs a big brother and that what he got in you. He knows he can rely on you.

You can make a difference in this kids life.

You deserve alot credit making this effort to effect this kids life.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Thumbs up good going

dont give up

Shooting Edge Technology 09Dreamseason's Avatar

some of my fondest memories are when a guy from my Church growing up used to take me Hunting and Fishing with him. He went with my father and my brothers as well, but often took me alone as I worked for him at his salvage yard through highschool. He even stood up for me when my father hit me with a stick over the back for an argument with my brother once and told me to call ANYTIME I needed help.

Though I never killed any big game during those High School years he taught me how to be a man and to step up in that "Big Brother" role when I seen someone less fortunate then me struggling. I have invited several other men as well as teenagers from my neighborhood and have passed on many traditions and hunting secrets along the way.

Keep trying to make a difference.......and let them have their family space when mom won't allow him to come out and "play". Soon he'll be old enough to make his own decisions and if you keep at it, you may keep a young man from making decisions he'll regret or worse.
    '09 PSE X-Force Dream Season GX
    '11 PSE X-Force AXE 7

www.ShootingEdgeTech.com
    www.SaveOutdoorSports.com

Gamo, Don't give up!!

It sounds as if his family is a real piece of work, but what you are doing is definatly helping. If nothing else it is showing him that there is a different way to live your life than what his family does.
    CSAA Member

"One of the serious problems in planning against American doctrine is that the Americians do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine." - From a Russian Document