You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Red face PLEASE HELP clueless girl buy bow for Christmas?!

Hi. My name is Amber and I have never even HELD a bow... so many sites and the prices (HOLY COW!). I know you all probably hate posts like this... My boyfriend used to do some bowhunting when he was younger, but that was a while ago. He talks about wishing he had kept his archery equipment for shooting hay bale targets on our property. I would like to find a decent starter bow/arrows on a budget. I know it is kind of last minute... ANY HELP OR ADVICE IS SOOOOO APPRECIATED! Please email me amberjanaebast@aol.com THANK YOU!

Default Amber

Quote Originally Posted by AmberJanae View Post
    Hi. My name is Amber and I have never even HELD a bow... so many sites and the prices (HOLY COW!). I know you all probably hate posts like this... My boyfriend used to do some bowhunting when he was younger, but that was a while ago. He talks about wishing he had kept his archery equipment for shooting hay bale targets on our property. I would like to find a decent starter bow/arrows on a budget. I know it is kind of last minute... ANY HELP OR ADVICE IS SOOOOO APPRECIATED! Please email me amberjanaebast@aol.com THANK YOU!

Are you looking for new or used? We need to know his draw length and what he can draw. Are you looking for a compound or recurve. Lots of unanswered questions. My suggestions is go check out your local pro shop and get his draw length measured.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Are you looking for new or used? We need to know his draw length and what he can draw. Are you looking for a compound or recurve. Lots of unanswered questions. My suggestions is go check out your local pro shop and get his draw length measured.
    DB
    I Second that. Greetings and Welcome to the Forum.

Default Hmm...

Can I do that without ruining the surprise element? Probably not, huh? bummer. THANK YOU

Default Honestly Amber

Quote Originally Posted by AmberJanae View Post
    Can I do that without ruining the surprise element? Probably not, huh? bummer. THANK YOU
    My suggeston would be go to your local pro shop and get him a gift certificate. Let him go and pick the bow that fits him. Honestly its very inportant.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Old Archer

Thumbs up Gift Idea!

Amber,

Try this, decide what you have available to spend. Go to your local Pro-Shop and get them involve in your Christmas Gift. Ask them for a empty Bow Box, give them the money you had planned to spend, they can turn it into a gift certificate of start a lay-a-way option. In any case take the receipt or certificate put it in box and wrap in up for the tree. When Christmas morning comes your guy will find that you are supporting him and he can finish with the selection and final payments. And be properly fitted to the right equipment. Good luck!
    09 Mathews Reezen, Tru Ball releases and Sights, Gold Tip Arrows, Slick Tricks, Limb Saver Equipment, John Deere, Polaris Ranger, Big Game and Summit stands. And doing all that is possible to protect and preserve our Hunting Heritage.