You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default tru-ball sweet spot release?

I am thinking in trying a back tension release to help with target panic I get from now and then.I use a tru-ball extreme I like it but I sometimes get back into punching it again.any ideas of a good back tension release that won't break the bank???
    I would like to stay with a 4 finger set-up

I'm using a 4 finger tru-ball chappy boss myself. But thats just my preference.
    Redhead Kronik 60-70# 26" Draw
    Octane Hostage Pro Rest
    Tru-Glo Tru-Site X-Treme
    Limbsaver 4.55 S-Coil Stabilizer
    T.R.U. Ball Chappy Boss

4 finger Stanislawski X-Calibur ARE THEY A GOOD BACK TENSION RELEASE?
    I paid 22.00 for one used I don't think it was a bad price to see how I shoot it? or like it ?
    I have a question I see the release come with a rope can I use the caliper head with out the rope ,I shoot a D loop or does the release need the rope to shoot it???
    I use to shoot a rope release back in the 70's it been a long time
    I like my tru-ball extreme I thought by trying a back tension release I can stop the target panic

A bowhunter for a lot of years but just got an interest in BT recently. I picked up an Ultra4 SS.`Only had it a week or so but have shot it plenty already. About to get the basics down an so far like this release. Probably not one to give recommendations regarding BT releases but thought I'd chime in. Good luck with what ever you decide on.

4 finger Stanislawski X-Calibur release not bad at all I just tried it took awhile to get the hang of it but I did take it apart cleaned it and flip the cam to remove the internel clicker.I also did find the cam has a set screw to set it up to release slow or fast,I have to say not a bad release

Quote Originally Posted by flintforever View Post
    I am thinking in trying a back tension release to help with target panic I get from now and then.I use a tru-ball extreme I like it but I sometimes get back into punching it again.any ideas of a good back tension release that won't break the bank???
    I would like to stay with a 4 finger set-up
    Which Extreme head do you shoot? I also shoot the extreme line of releases and love them. I bought a sweet spot 4 finger for the same reason and when shooting it with my loop it and the extremes are easy to swap back and forth. The talon head seemd to be just about the same length as the sweet spot??

Hope this helps?

Quote Originally Posted by flintforever View Post
    I have been shooting the Pro dimond extreme talon head version, I hunted with it this yer an really like it. I have been shooting a caliper jaw with the sear trigger for targets and like it very well, just too much noise for a hunting release for me. My next purchase is going to be the one that you posted, I shot one that a friend of mine had purchased and believe I like it better than the talon head version. I would probally trade my Sweet spot for one if I found someone that was looking for a trade? Ok way more info than you asked for so I will stop there.

A sweet spot would be a great back tension release to start using. The major factor is that is has a safety, so you are not going to blast yourself in the face if you would happen to draw the bow wrong. They also are very easy to adjust.

Carbon Matrix

Certified NASP Instructor