You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default Single Pin Velocity

I am very new to archery and have been reading quite a bit about it lately online. This coming year I will be trying 3D for the first time. I have read a few posts about people using a single pin out to forty yards. What kind of velocity and arrow weight would a person need to acheive that trajectory out to forty yards?

Default I shoot one pin

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Sight View Post
    I am very new to archery and have been reading quite a bit about it lately online. This coming year I will be trying 3D for the first time. I have read a few posts about people using a single pin out to forty yards. What kind of velocity and arrow weight would a person need to acheive that trajectory out to forty yards?
    There not a bow made for one to 40yrds.

Most do like me and know how high or low to hold at different distances.

You would not want to be standing within 40yrds and me shooting at you. Once won the deermans world which is out to 30yrds. In 30 shots I hit 22 heart shots and rest were in the ten ring. One can be darn accurate practicing with one pin.

Just like shooting a gun.
    DB
    Elite bows, Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker sights, Carter releases, Goldtip Arrows. CBE sights, Vapor Trail Strings, B Stinger stabilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    There not a bow made for one to 40yrds.

Most do like me and know how high or low to hold at different distances.

You would not want to be standing within 40yrds and me shooting at you. Once won the deermans world which is out to 30yrds. In 30 shots I hit 22 heart shots and rest were in the ten ring. One can be darn accurate practicing with one pin.

Just like shooting a gun.
    DB
    Yeah, a single pin on a slider works great. Too bad the ASA & IBO doesn't recognize that thousands of archers use one to hunt with, yet we can't compete in "Hunter" class.
    Totally ridiculous....

You can Not use a single pin on any bow out to 40 yards without using KY elevation.

Unless you move it I use a HHA rear slider.

Dan
    Maker of MEANV STRING SUPPRESSORS
    MAITLAND BOW DEALER
    Dealer for Slick Tricks, Vapor Trail Limb Driver & Strings, HHA sights, Viper Sights, etc.
    www.meanvarchery.com

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    Yeah, a single pin on a slider works great. Too bad the ASA & IBO doesn't recognize that thousands of archers use one to hunt with, yet we can't compete in "Hunter" class.
    Totally ridiculous....

Yeap I agree....if your going to use a slider and get knocked up to the Freestyle class you should go all the way with a lense and a long bar and get all the advantages. I would love to use a slider but don't want to change my hunting bow into a freestlye rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator eye View Post
    Yeap I agree....if your going to use a slider and get knocked up to the Freestyle class you should go all the way with a lense and a long bar and get all the advantages. I would love to use a slider but don't want to change my hunting bow into a freestlye rig.
    They're gonna have to change the rules. Oughta just allow sliders and keep the rest the same. You can't stop technology, but you CAN be a Luddite...

They're gonna have to change the rules. Oughta just allow sliders and keep the rest the same. You can't stop technology, but you CAN be a Luddite...
    No reason to change the rules.. read them, choose the class you want to shoot in and set your bow up as you wish within the rules.. There really is a reason to have more than one class of equipment..
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    No reason to change the rules.. read them, choose the class you want to shoot in and set your bow up as you wish within the rules.. There really is a reason to have more than one class of equipment..
    Fine. I know about 6-8 guys here that hunt with sliders, so sliders should be allowed in "Hunter" class. I don't know anybody that hunts with a 30" stab or lateral stabilizers.
    You can't stop technology by refusing to accept it...

Fine. I know about 6-8 guys here that hunt with sliders, so sliders should be allowed in "Hunter" class. I don't know anybody that hunts with a 30" stab or lateral stabilizers.
    You can't stop technology by refusing to accept it...

Tom, just as you cannot stop progress you also cannot create a class for every piece of equipment. If you allow a slider sight in the Hunter class, those who use a multi-pin sight would be at a disadvantage. Then they would be forced to purchase sliders in order to compete or we would need yet another class and eventually it would be simpler to just give every entry a trophy and not keep score…
    Competitive archery is not hunting; it is a game we play that has rules and each of us gets to choose which equipment class we play in…
    For what it is worth, I use a CBE Tek-Target sight on my hunting bow.
    Mike "Javi" Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by JAVI View Post
    Tom, just as you cannot stop progress you also cannot create a class for every piece of equipment. If you allow a slider sight in the Hunter class, those who use a multi-pin sight would be at a disadvantage. Then they would be forced to purchase sliders in order to compete or we would need yet another class and eventually it would be simpler to just give every entry a trophy and not keep score…
    Competitive archery is not hunting; it is a game we play that has rules and each of us gets to choose which equipment class we play in…
    For what it is worth, I use a CBE Tek-Target sight on my hunting bow.
    The last shoot we had at L&L, pin shooters took the top two places, with a slider (me) in third. 'Course this was just a money shoot, and not ASA or IBO complete rules applied, and I ain't no Robin Hood.
    Anyway, I need a reccomendation for a "hooter-shooter," if you have one. Gonna try to get some guys together to pitch in and get one over here at L&L.
    Thanks