You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.

Default what bows are designed for finger shooters?

I'm needing help finding a new bow which a finger shooter could shoot. Most bows today are designed for the release shooters. Preferably a Hoyt,PSE, or Bowtech.

I believe Hoyt will have a longer ata bow available this year. That is definetly what you will be wanting a longer ata demension.

The PSE MOJO 3D or MOJO plus look good.
    3D- 38.5 ATA / 6.8 brace ht. / single cam
    PLUS- 39.5 ATA / 8.4 brace ht. / single cam
    They both are pretty good canidates. Hoyt also has a couple in the 37-38 ATA range. I found I like the single cams for fingers, IMO.

Most manufacturers make a bow that is suitable for finger shooters these days. You might have to special order it though. Any bow that has a axle to axle longer than 38" should do, manly because of the finger pince you get from short bows. Hoyt and Mathews are my two top recomendations. Hoyt has their Pro-tec series which depending on the limb configuration, you can get up to 46" A. to A. Mathews has the Ovation at 40" or the ConQuest at
    41". I have been a finger shooter for over 35 years and have shot and would recomend any one of these bows. I am currently shooting an Ovation and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Site Guru

Bowtech has a 40"+ bow in the Consitution, I'm not sure if it is going to be produced again this year but it is an awesome bow, basically a longer A2A version of the Old Glory
    No I'm not dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Bowtech has a 40"+ bow in the Consitution, I'm not sure if it is going to be produced again this year but it is an awesome bow, basically a longer A2A version of the Old Glory
    You should look for a bow that has the longest possible ata length, and also look hor one that has a big brace height.
    ORANGE COUNTY CHOPPERS
    Myspace:myspace.com/08_stroker

Quote Originally Posted by papito View Post
    You should look for a bow that has the longest possible ata length, and also look hor one that has a big brace height.

Ditto.......my thoughts exactly. I have not shot fingers for years but these short ATA bows are killers.

"HONDA"

Default Bows for Finger Shooters

In addition to a long ata it is inportant to have a 65% or better yet 60% letoff
    it helps you " feel" the string for a more consistant release

I know this is out of your preferred group, but Martin has several bows with Elite limbs that are long ATA and draw lengths. But then they aren't a Hoyt or Bowtech or PSE. They're just some of the best bows you can buy.