You are Unregistered, please register to be able to read posts in all forums and participate in the discussion.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    fresno,ca
    Posts
    53

    Default Question for a Hoyt Bow tuner.

    I would like to know who is the most expieranced or has alot of experiance tuning hoyts. I have a question This one will probably pic your brain.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MoBowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lee's Summit, Mo.
    Posts
    595

    Default

    I wouldn't know about who knows the most, but I have put a couple together and I'am sure others have also. Throw the question out there and we'll see where it goes.
    www.Missouriwhitetails.com
    Trophy Rock Pro Staff
    Hunt Hard, Hunt Safe, Pass It On

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    fresno,ca
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I am shooting a trykon. 74 lbs 28" draw My tiller is dead on, my timing is dead on, here is the problem tear at 9 o'clock consistantly. about .75 of an inch. I move the rest to the right to straighten it out and it doesn't change. I tried moving until I get a tear right but I don't get a tear right.. Could it be cam alignment, or can the arrows be too stiff they are 30 inches long and the are easton st axis 300s with four inch flex fletch vanes. **** vane is up and the rest is a trophy taker shake hunter I am not getting any interferance from the rest I did the baby powder test. I know hoyt has the .75 rule for the arrow to be away from the riser but right now I am about and eighth over that to the right. I am a left handed shooter. Am I over looking anything. I also shot a bear shaft through the paper and I got the same results. Am I missing somthing.

  4. #4

    Default

    On the Trykons, the center shot is farther from the riser. Try about 7/8". Also set the top cam so it is just a touch faster than the bottom. Also, what arrow are you shooting out of a 74# bow. This is an agressive cam so you need real stiff arrows.
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  5. #5
    I pray for you! BUNNYMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    the Hutch
    Posts
    29,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    I am shooting a trykon. 74 lbs 28" draw can the arrows be too stiff they are 30 inches long and the are easton st axis 300s with four inch flex fletch vanes. .
    just to condence it for the guy.....
    I cut things up and split them down!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    fresno,ca
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I shot bare shafts and and vanes until they grouped about a half inch to the right away. That is how the length was acquired. The bow shop owner and I spent about 3 hrs doing this. The total weight of the arrows are 487 grains including the 100 gn point. I am pretty sure the arrows are stiff enough. The rest now is about 7/8 to the inner side of the riser is this correct or do you want the measurement to the center of the arrow.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Key West FL
    Posts
    84

    Default of interest to hoyt tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    I would like to know who is the most expieranced or has alot of experiance tuning hoyts. I have a question This one will probably pic your brain.
    Copy and paste this:
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=207391

    Good Luck

    Lefteye

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default Arrow info.

    Team,

    Bought an '06 Hoyt Trykon XL.......just want it for 3-D......Hoyt recommends not less than 5 gpp........how close to that 5 gpp is safe???? I have a 31 inch drawlength with a 28 and 1/4 arrow.....right now Im shooting a Easton Lightspeed - 340.......85 grain tip....3 - 2.25' NAP Quickspin vanes....the guy at the bow shop put me in a 340 shaft....but Easton says I can shoot a 400 shaft....what do you think??? Does anyone use the 1.5' NAP quickspin for 3-D???? Any suggestions????

    -Peace out,

    -Grnzy

  9. #9
    Member ladyarcher5575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grnzy88 View Post
    Team,

    Bought an '06 Hoyt Trykon XL.......just want it for 3-D......Hoyt recommends not less than 5 gpp........how close to that 5 gpp is safe???? I have a 31 inch drawlength with a 28 and 1/4 arrow.....right now Im shooting a Easton Lightspeed - 340.......85 grain tip....3 - 2.25' NAP Quickspin vanes....the guy at the bow shop put me in a 340 shaft....but Easton says I can shoot a 400 shaft....what do you think??? Does anyone use the 1.5' NAP quickspin for 3-D???? Any suggestions????

    -Peace out,

    -Grnzy
    as long as you don't go under 5gpp you will be fine.if your pulling 70lbs then your arrow weight will be 350grns THATS minimum arrow wieght!!!!!!!!!5x70=350.

    Bow : Hoyt Vectrix/red
    Sights : Sure-Loc supreme/Black Eagle scope
    Arrows : Axis FMJ/90g NIB
    Vanes : Duravanes 3d/2.3 Black/purple
    Rest : Smart rest
    Quiver : Bohning/Black
    Stablizer : 30" Super Stix

  10. #10

    Default

    Use 400 spine arrow on someone with a 31" draw. No Chance, unless you are shooting light draw weight! I'm trying to figure out how you are getting a 28-1/4" arrow on a 31" bow. Do you have an overdraw? Anyway, use the 340 as a minimum. Now I may be off because you don't say what draw weight you are shooting. I'm assuming 60-70#?



    Quote Originally Posted by grnzy88 View Post
    Team,

    Bought an '06 Hoyt Trykon XL.......just want it for 3-D......Hoyt recommends not less than 5 gpp........how close to that 5 gpp is safe???? I have a 31 inch drawlength with a 28 and 1/4 arrow.....right now Im shooting a Easton Lightspeed - 340.......85 grain tip....3 - 2.25' NAP Quickspin vanes....the guy at the bow shop put me in a 340 shaft....but Easton says I can shoot a 400 shaft....what do you think??? Does anyone use the 1.5' NAP quickspin for 3-D???? Any suggestions????

    -Peace out,

    -Grnzy
    Chris Christenson - Admin
    3DShoots.com - Find Archery Shoots near you
    ObsessionArchery.com - Archery Supplies

  11. #11
    Site Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Saylorsburg PA
    Posts
    4,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Use 400 spine arrow on someone with a 31" draw. No Chance, unless you are shooting light draw weight! I'm trying to figure out how you are getting a 28-1/4" arrow on a 31" bow. Do you have an overdraw? Anyway, use the 340 as a minimum. Now I may be off because you don't say what draw weight you are shooting. I'm assuming 60-70#?
    I think I can get away with 2 inches less the draw length on my OG... some more reflexed risers w/ a rest well behind...

    the real question is WHY!?!?!!
    No I'm not dead

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1

    Default i have the same bow and had the same problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by phone guy View Post
    I am shooting a trykon. 74 lbs 28" draw My tiller is dead on, my timing is dead on, here is the problem tear at 9 o'clock consistantly. about .75 of an inch. I move the rest to the right to straighten it out and it doesn't change. I tried moving until I get a tear right but I don't get a tear right.. Could it be cam alignment, or can the arrows be too stiff they are 30 inches long and the are easton st axis 300s with four inch flex fletch vanes. **** vane is up and the rest is a trophy taker shake hunter I am not getting any interferance from the rest I did the baby powder test. I know hoyt has the .75 rule for the arrow to be away from the riser but right now I am about and eighth over that to the right. I am a left handed shooter. Am I over looking anything. I also shot a bear shaft through the paper and I got the same results. Am I missing somthing.




    I had the same problem but i switched to 340's 31 inch, at the start i had the same arrows same everything as you

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I have no idea. But I love my Hoyt Dorado recurve though.

Similar Threads

  1. Switched from Mathews to Hoyt & have a question
    By D. Long in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 01:46 AM
  2. Question about Hoyt
    By zackarack in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-12-2008, 08:49 PM
  3. question about zero valley on the new Hoyt
    By rdnkgrl_robinhood in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 09:42 AM
  4. hoyt tuning question
    By phone guy in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-06-2006, 09:07 PM
  5. HOYT man with a Mathews Question!
    By Radar in forum General Archery Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 09:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •